Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
thanks guys. gemma i meant adaptors but couldn't think of the word.lol. i'll pick one up at the airport 2moro now, i've had them before but keep losing them, i like to throw my money away it seems.ha!
As Gooner fan says much cheaper over there Lee.
Have a fantastic time. I love MD!!! We will be there in 18 sleeps time :sun2 :cheers
Just got back from staying at the Marinha for the 4th time.

This is a lovely hotel in a very tranquil setting. However this time was rather spoilt by some of the other guests. Most nights we were awoken by the noises of people coming home in the early hours. Great I don't have a problem with people out enjoying themselves to whatever time they choose on holiday, the problem I have is when they are inconsiderate on their return, talking loudly to each other as they walk up the stairs (or stampede as it sounded in some cases!). Also if you stay there, please be aware that the doors to the rooms are inclined to slam loudly if not closed gently.

On one of our last nights there we were awoken by the crowd returning. Then just as things were settling down again, all the people who were leaving to go home early decided to get their own back! Think I was lucky to get an hours sleep that night.

Please if you stay at Marinha have a thought for others!
When we stayed at the end on November we had a room at the very far end of the furthest block and on the top floor. It was a long walk to reception but it was very, very quiet !
We were in the first part of the Annex. This was the 4th time in the Annex and the most noisey we have ever known it, previously we were only disturbed once when our neighbours had one hell of a row!

I'm only making mention as I don't think it is too much to ask people to be considerate of others.
Couldn't agree more Miccie, but that applies to every hotel too, not just the MD.
but that applies to every hotel too, not just the MD
Absolutely, part of the reason I decided to highlight the problems we experienced.
Hi just book this morning for march next year staying at the Marinha Dourada with Thomson this will be our 1s time,have had a look at the reviews seems a nice place eyes wide open.Still got a few holidays to go this year
:cheers David
As a long stayer at the Marinha Dourada for many years. Take a look at the Hotel reviews. But note the positive views not the negative! You will not be disappointed! Have a good time! :sun2
:welcome To the forum welshy0151...my friend and member of the forum Gemma33 would go to no hotel only the M/D she loves it it is a lovely hotel ......colleen
hiya
you couldn`t have chosen a better hotel,the setting alone is beautiful,clean spacious rooms,2 lovely pools,i could go on and on,but it`s all been said ENJOY
The MD is such a beautiful hotel and the people who work there are great!! we were travelling around goa for 3 weeks and whenver we landed back in arpora we stayed there, they let us book for the days we were back in advance and even let us leave our big rucksacks there when we went to hampi and wanted to travel light!!! x
Hi folks thanks for the all the positive remarks ,March seems a long way away but off to Tenerife in May then the Dom Rep in July,sounds like wishing my life away :rofl

:cheers David
You will have a fab time, as everyone says, its a brilliant hotel!
Hi Gemma! Good to hear everything ok at the hotel! Can't believe you are back already! Hope you had a great time! :sun2
Brilliant thanks Goangirl. Hotel quite empty tho (not like the Marinha) but I guess Goa is quiet in general.
Did you stay at the Riviera Palms this time? We went to see an apartment there. Thinking of renting it for our holidays next season.
Hi guys, going to the Marinha Dourada in two weeks (yipee!), Just a couple of questions for anyone who has stayed before,

Is there a kettle/Cups in the room or do I need to bring a travel one with me?

Is there a hair dryer (wifey wants to know), lol ?

Is it worth while requesting to stay in the annex are they the better rooms?

I have read the reviews but some information conflicts so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Howard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.