Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Re: Marina Dourada
211 Posts
Irishcolleen believe it or not but I am trying a different room at the MD this time. One floor higher, so you would like it, and the view even more, cos you like a high floor room.
I will invite you up for a wee bacardi breezer :cheers :D
:cheers your on mrs .....now you all heard that :rofl
I thought you only drank coffee ;)
so the number will be 2?? rather than 1??, now what could the ?? be I wonder :think
:shush I am saying nothing and now I need to bribe Irishcolleen with lots of bacardi breezers :rofl
Anyway IC it will be nice for your brother and sister in law to see the hotel as well then we can all go out somewhere for a bite to eat and a few coffees of course :yikes :D
Could we keep this thread on specific Q&As on the MD please? :)
Just got my letter today from TC advising me of the building work. I can transfer to another hotel free of charge for 21 days.

After much research on HT about the buidling works, I debated it with the daughter and we're sticking with the MD. I hope we've made the right decision. :que

Looking forward to a BIG EASTER PARTY at the MD.
Youve made the correct decision Spinner.
There is virtually no disturbance at all due to the ongoing building work.
Travel Agent rang us yesterday asking if we want to change hotels, but we are not bothering.

We fly out Sunday so a bit short notice as well!!
Rachie there is virtually no disruption at all. You'd be mad to change hotels, there probably isnt a better hotel in North Goa anyway. I guess the holiday companies have to be seen as doing the right thing and let you know anyway.
We fly out the week after you, hope to see you at Molly Malones on 17th. :tup
:cry Not so good.
How about Lazy Days on Wednesday 12th or might see you at the MD. We usually sit at the bar after the beach about 5 or 6pm I will be wearing my blue band :D
just had e mail back off edwin at MD assuring me that all is ok with building work .
any idea where i can hire some fishing gear to fish in the lakes at MD ,

by the way im rachies husband :tup
When we went at New Year we bought cheap rods (OH said they were ok) at home and then gave them to the lads in the shack when we left. My OH caught quite a big fish (have to be patient though) with a mushroom off a pizza for bait :rofl . Poundland had some rods the other day which looked ok.
Interesting in the morning at the Marinha, all the fellas grabbing the bread at breakfast to take with them for bait. We watched one guy sitting on the little jetty, just over the bridge on the way to the Annex, he caught a really big fish and was having a bit of a fight bringing it in, just as it came in close enough the fish took off under the jetty and snapped the line. OH said to the guy that he thought the fish was still under the jetty and had the hook in its mouth with the broken line - sure enough it did, but when they tried to make a grab for the line it took off at a rate of knots! :really
Can anyone advise me how many restaurant/bars are within walking distance from the Marinha Dourada and also is it safe to walk at night. Are there any street lights, heavy traffic etc and would we need a torch? The hotel sounds really good but we like to eat out at night and don't fancy having to get a taxi every night.
there are a number of eating places within walking distance - some are ok some not so..it is safe to walk but there are no pavements - you walk on the side of the road..no street lighting apart from right next to the hotel. Why not get taxis? they wait outside the hotel - cost no more than a couple of quid each way into calengute or only about quid to baga...takes all of 5 mins by cab...you will soon get bored of hanging around the area of the hotel every night.
Have to agree with gazthomas, although there are places within walking distance taking a cab really isn't any hassle at all and then the choice is really great.
You will need a torch......the walk along the Baga River at night is scary :yikes the motor bikes just
whizz by,we stayed at the Royal Goan Beach club just up the hill from MD,and as Gaz said at
night you need taxi,s ,the walk to Baga along the river day time is super quite a few bars on
the way,try Myona Creek Side, and the Lila [german bakery]good for breakfast and lunch but
they close at 6pm,and all day Tuesday All Spice is good for evening meals but get there early as it
gets very busy by 7:45pm.There are also French Thai and Italian on the road to Baga before you get
to the new bridge,you can also walk to Mackey,s night market from the MD on a saturday.
have a great time :wave: :wave:
ann
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.