Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Poly50 has stayed at the Mira and speaks very highly of it.
Ive had a drink in the Mira and Polly showed me round the hotel and pointed out the room she stayed in, I thought it looked like a very nice hotel, and I would have no hesitation staying there.
Polly will be able to advise you better of course.
We had a room on the ground floor, open the doors to the pool, it was very small, but adequate for us and after being there for a few days they put air conditioning in which was a bonus. I think they might have put that in all the rooms overlooking the pool now. I loved it there last year, I much prefer the small and friendly to the bigger hotels. Was Santos there when you were there last? He is a gem. Would have no hesitation in staying there again. In fact, looked to book for there this coming November, but due to flying days we couldn't do it, I think its only Thomas Cook that use the Mira, so have booked for over the road at the Silla Goa, so we can nip over to the Mira for a quick drink.
All the rooms in the main block (where reception is) are decent rooms. I'd probably say from second floor up is best as the bar stays open late at this hotel and some guests could keep you awake if you are on the lower floor. It's the 2 rooms at the side of the pool in the old block that you want to stay clear of. Dark and dingy, and the ground floor rooms have no balcony - you literally walk out of your door and fall into the pool. We were put in one of these rooms 1st time we stayed but they moved us to the new block as soon as a room became available, which was the third day. One morning I woke up and when I opened my door all the sunbeds had been stacked up against the door so I had to climb over them to get out!
Would deffo go back to this hotel though.
We stayed 2 years ago and will be back in December- we had a room at the back of the main block on about the 3rd floor- had the seperate dressing area- we've asked for the same rooms this time
Polly50, I don't remember a Santos,but I do recall a chap named Rocky who was a bit of a character!! I think he could have been part of the family that owned the Mira.

Thanks for the help everyone. Paula
milliemeg,
was your rep in 2001 a girl called Bernie?

I was her manager back then....
outsidespottys, name rings a bell but it seems more than 7years ago so i can't be 100% certain, Paula
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.