Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Well we're kind of sorted just need really convincing LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks Pippy, I hadn't seen those reviews before wow now i'm well and truly convinced, sounds unbelievable!
Mel
All booked now ...... roll on October..... stay away rain and hurricanes !!
Mel
Me and my Husband are going to ERC in april for our 25th wedding anniversay, we too have booked with caribbean warehouse and we cant wait, will let you know what its like when we get back
We've been to the Riviera Maya for 6 out of the last 7 years for the last week in October (half term week). In the six times, we have only had minimal rain and the weather generally has been hot, humid and sunny. Unfortunately, the year we didn't go to Mexico was due to hurricane Wilma hitting a day or so before we were due to go. We were offered a full refund by Thomas Cook and went to Turkey instead. I would recommend that anyone travelling in hurricane season (June-November) uses a package tour operator to go to this area - if you book separately and your flights are cancelled, you will still be expected to pay for the hotel if it is open and vice versa. This wouldn't be covered by your insurance either.

I would definitely go again that time of year but you need to bear in mind that a hurricane could cause problems.

ERC gets great reviews, have a great time!

Cazz
Can't wait to hear your review after your trip in April, hope you have a great time it sounds fantastic and nothing like we've ever experienced before. I guess its just pot luck with the weather, we're going the first two weeks of August and will just have to keep our fingers crossed and say our prayers!
Happy hols
Mel
Hi

I went to this resort fo my honey moon in 2007 and it really was excellent!
We went last week July and first week in August. It was humid and vey hot and we came back with an incredible tan even though most of the time it was too hot to lie in.
We had one overcast day in the 2 weeks and about 20 minutes of rain in the evening but that was all - sun shining always :)
It was a quiet resort and wasnt what you would call full of nightlife however there is a night club you can go into after the other bars have closed and we only got to bed some nights at 3am. The nightclub was quiet but we had been to the beach bbq a couple of nights before and met some friends so even though the club was quiet we had friends with us which made the night if that makes sense.
The hotel often has a mexican night where they lay tables outside o also the beach barbeque and they sit groups of people together and its a great way to get talking.

As far as im concerned its the best AI i have eve been to. Didnt have to pay for a thing but take some small demonination dollars for tips.

The only other tip I would say for the time of year is take some super strong mossie repellant. I found them horrendous and so did others.

have fun x
Hi
Thanks for all the info, the evenings sound perfect for us, we're in a group of 8 so plenty of company and we always chat to everybody where ever we go!
We have booked now through the caribbean warehouse (who were fantastic) and are going for the first two weeks of October , rainy season I know but we just have to keep our fingers crossed, We can't wait now!
Mel
:) Hi I am going to Excellence for my 50th birthday on 15 March, cant wait. I will post a reply when I get back.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.