Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Most airlines/tour operators will only pay cash compensation for delays over 12 hours (I think it's the same for your travel insurance). On delays of around 4 hours I've only ever received a meal voucher.
A delay of 4 hours is not especially long or uncommon, I have found. We have only ever been given meal vouchers too. I am always very surprised if my flight takes off within an hour of correct time! Never surprised by delays though! Nearly always 'late arrival of incoming aircraft'.
According to EC regulations this should qualify for 600 Euros per passenger compensation.

I think you better go and re-read Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 of the European Parliament again.

The compensation you quote relates to a cancelled flight. You need to read Article 6 and 9.

With your 4 hour delay the airline was obliged to offer a "Right to Care", this is detailed in Article 9.

600 euros compensation :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.