Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Delfin Azul
52 Posts
Cockney Dean :wave

Thanks for telling me that. We may all see you there, we get there on the 20th July.

My hubby and I are taking my son 8, my daughter 15 and her friend also 15. Is there alot to do for teenagers apart from hanging around the pool?

What are prices like etc..

I have to admit, I have been recommend this hotel and I am already looking forward to it.

Cookie :yipee
Hiya Cookie,

Glad the info helped....as for things to do...it all depends on what their tastes are.

When you arrive you have a Thomson get together to tell what they have available to do....but there is plenty do if you explore.

My lads went Scuba diving and loved it!!!

If there is anyway we can communicate by email...it would be easier and I could email pics of the hotel and surrounding areas...we gotta have some somewhere...altho there are pics of bars is close proximity

Dunno what more I can say...apart from that we have gotta meet up for a drink whilst in Spain!!

Take care Speak soon

Cockney Dean
Hi cockney dean

I have pm'ed you with my email address.

It would be great to hear posts from anyone who is going to be there around the same time we are there.

Cookie :yipee
Yet again I am having to rearrange my holiday (3rd time in 18 months). My partner has lost his job and we were due to go to Pineda in August, but I am having to give us a little more time to make payments on the holiday, so I am looking to move it to October.

Can anyone tell me if the Delfin Azul is good for a 7 year old boy. We would be looking to travel on 15th October for 14 nights, so I would hope the weather was ok as well. We last went to Majorca in 2003 and the weather in the October was lovely, not too hot and only 2 days of rain.

Can anyone help please? Also is the waterpark still open in October as my son would love it.

Thanks

Sarah
Hi Sarah

Shame to hear about your partner.

my son is going to be 8 next month, but we go in July, so sorry I can not help. I can let you know any info after we return, but that may be too late for you. One if the reasons that we booked this hotel, was because of the kids club. Hopefully this will keep my son occupied when we are at the hotel.
I have heard that they are very good at this hotel, but this will vary from each season I suppose.

Nicola :wave
Thanks Nichola, it would be great if you could let me know as we don't go until October, so I would love to hear what it is like this year. Some of the reviews have been good and some have been a bit poor, but I am hoping that overall we will enjoy.

Hope you have a good time 8)
Hi everyone planning next years hols (2007) to Alcudia staying in the above hotel.Have been to Alcudia before staying at Port D'Alcudia apartments behind the Delfin Azul looked good has anyone been here if so wots it like any info would be grateful.Haddy.
Hi

Has anyone stayed here so far this summer, I have read the reviews from a couple of people in the review section, but as I am going in October with my partner and our 7 year old, I am double checking that everything about the hotel is still as good as it sounds.

I am also trying to find out which rooms are the best area to be, we don't mind being over the bar area as we sometimes sit on the balcony and listed if our son is too tired to stay up, but we would like to have a sea view or overlooking the pool area, and if you can still hite fridges. Can anyone help?

Also I have heard there is busy main road outside the hotel, and wondered if there was a bridge or something to get to the beach of if you play with your life everytime you cross the road.

Any information would be great.

Thanks

Sarah
Went to the Delfin Azul 2 years ago, there are no sea views, Beach is about 300-400 yards away through houses and treelined avenues, but there are views of the pool, other side of the hotel overlooks houses and a hotel.

Main road very busy, no bridge, there is a zebra crossing about 200 yard away, but it is pot luck if anyone stops for you. When I was there a bus stopped for me (pushing the youngest in her pram) and a car came round the side overtaking the bus :x but there wasn't too much road noise either in the rooms or by the pool, not for us anyway

The hotel is lovely and we had a wonderful time there, I would recommend it to anyone, just take care going across the road
Sarah

Delfin Azul's got a good reputation, but that road can be an issue. Two Thomson reps were killed crossing it by the Delfin one night back in April. Good news though is that in October the roads are generally a lot quieter, unlike now!!!
Thanks for the replies, I hadn't realised that was the road those poor reps were killed on. There is no way I will be letting my son out of my site if it is that bad. I know he wouldn't just take off, as he is a very sensible 7 year old, but saying that who knows when on holiday.

I think I will email the hotel and ask for a pool view if possible. I have requested this with the TA, but the hotel may be able to do more for me.

Sarah
I presume you talking about formula milk? If not you can buy the ready made in the cartons, they don't have to be stored in a fridge - just open and use. A little expensive but very handy!
Thinking of going to Delfin Azul late July, bit worried about room size.
2 adults 2 children(ages 12 and 3), will it be too much of a squeeze with the four of us and a pushchair(and fridge)?
Click Here for our reviews of the Delphin Azul
Hi
Hi we stayed at the delfin azul in 2003 2 adults a 2 yr old and a baby, loved the place, the rooms were not massive but were adequate bearing in mind you spend very little time in them anyway.
I would say you would fit in fine, you will have a great time, make sure you say hello to pepe the head waiter if he is still there, he was fab, great with the little ones.

Claire
Should fit in OK, we went there in 2004, with a 4 & 2 year old, and room was big enough with 3 beds and a cot, our push chair was folded up and put under the bed.
Would have thought with the age of your children you will have bunkbeds so should be plenty of room.
Again say hello to Pepe, try not to laugh at him when he dresses up for chinese night in the restaurant.
About to book for the Delfin Azul for next summer, make sure we get a 4 bedded room
Thanks for advice, have booked up for 20th July.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.