Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi La, You are able to take a buggy free of charge (can't see Easyjet will be any different on that), also you can take any amount of baby milk you will need for the journey through security (one of you may need to taste it, in front of security) Hope this helps. Have a great holiday.
Denny
hi denny.53
the baby milk that la-lapinkfluff is not strickly true my daughter travelled with here baby of three months made up a couple of bottles and also some cartons of pre-made baby milk just incase of delays
the security although they are doing a grand job lack a little common sense with this whole baby thing she had to loose it all then was able to purchase it straight after going through in boots what a con but thats britain for you :que if you need to hire any baby gear try travel tots in hisaronu there is a link to there website under links on my website
also it is not farto anywhere in hisaronu the hisar i think is only about 10 mins walk
What I would do was just put in the Dried formula powder inside the bottles you need to make sure it's dry inside or it will stick to the bottom, Then ask any member of the flight crew for Hot water, They will not say no I assure you, Or just make it up yourself at security the mother may well be asked to try out the milk for security reasons, To re assure you this, Email the company concerned with your planned dates and ask if this is possible, And print out the answer assuming you get a favourable answer from them.
Hi LaLa

You could just take empty bottles and a small container with dried formula and ask the cabin crew for boiled water.When we took our son to Ibiza,as a baby and wanted to go out for the day, I put boiled water into bottles then carried a small container with formula (dry) then just added it to the bottles when he was ready for a feed,it does away with with keeping it refrigerated.If baby will not take cool milk you could always take a small flask of boiled water and add just enough to bring it to required temperature,I always did this with night feeds as it was,in my opinion,quicker than trying to heat it up any other way.
thank you for all your replies. so shoule I email easyjet? or gatwick airport, would that be BAA?
I appreciate the need for security, but this is silly, Im sure her or my son would be more than willing to taste it.
Great news re the buggy thank you and am glad our apartment shouldnt be too far away.
It seems really alien taking a baby away and we hadnt realised how much planning is needed (you can tell mine are long grown up ).
will have a look at the hisaronu baby hire place, thank you.

hugs la
its very resonable the baby hire sharon and gwen run it two very nice ladies
you dont need to take to much
nappies are avalible also alot of other baby goods are avalible in migros and azda in the village and there are plenty of baby shops in fethiye with some really nice clothes that are different from here in the uk
the only stuff i would take is formular milk as you cannot get cow and gate there you can get sma and mulpa
and some dehydrated early baby food
we have no trouble with our grand kids there
the only difference is they all want to take them off your hands which is fine by me (we do know them very well )
:sun2
maverick57uk wrote:
hi denny.53
the baby milk that la-lapinkfluff is not strickly true my daughter travelled with here baby of three months made up a couple of bottles and also some cartons of pre-made baby milk just incase of delays
the security although they are doing a grand job lack a little common sense with this whole baby thing she had to loose it all then was able to purchase it straight after going through in boots what a ???? but thats britain for you :que if you need to hire any baby gear try travel tots in hisaronu there is a link to there website under links on my website
also it is not farto anywhere in hisaronu the hisar i think is only about 10 mins walk

How is it a c o n ? It's done for security reasons to stop people blowing planes up. I think if any airport in the world is expert at conning people out of money Dalaman and Turkey puts Gatwick and other British airports in the shade. The place where a coke is six quid.

It isn't difficult or expensive to buy once you have gone airside in the UK and everybody knows the rules before they start.
will boots be open that early in the morning? will they definately have the correct made up milk?

doepsmc, I'm sure everybody is aware of how important security is and nobody wants a plane blown up! however, I was of the understanding that baby milk could be tasted by a parent and it would be allowed through.

Thanking everybody who has left helpful replies.

hugs la
well if you look in the hand baggage thread in the flights forum it has all the answers including the latest on the hand baggage regulations

wiz
Maverick57uk, that may have been the case with you, but we have travelled from Manchester, twice, and have never had a problem taking baby milk through. We did have to taste it though....

rwb46, A good idea about taking the milk in powder form.! The cabin crew are always very helpful re providing hot water etc.

La, I am sure you would be able to buy the correct milk from Boots after security.
Denny
Hi La-lapink, you will not regret going to the gate apart, i've been there many times in a row now, this year though i wanted to try somewhere different so i booked with the destan, was really disapointed and ended up moving back to the gate apart half way through my holiday! the staff are really great & the food is lovely, rooms are pretty basic but just what you expect :) let me know how you get on there, i'd love to hear how everyone is :) have a good holiday!!
xx :wave:
Oh and once you get through the space where the market is, turn right and you are literally straight onto the main street, walk about 5/10 mins down the main street and you come to the hisar holiday club which is right in the centre of the street if i remember correctly :) hope that helps you clear up some of your confusion! lol
x
elle.x thank you so much.
I couldnt find very much in the way of reviews for the gate. what we did see all seemed positive though. So it's nice to hear of somebody who has been and enjoyed it. Maybe swapping from the destan was a good thing ;) although I was intrigued to see their guitar shaped swimming pool!!!
I will complete a report on my return.
Basic is fine, we stayed at the mediteran in fethiye last year which was approx £4 a night it was basic but we had a fabulous time.

Wizard, thank you for that, will have a look at the baggage post now

thank you
la
i think some of you may have mis understood what i was trying to say that with todays expertise with detecting explosives and the money spent on airport security of which i think is very good as a whole there are ways of testing without causing parents of very young children any more grief
to make parents destroy sealed pre made baby milk brought from dipensing chemists such as boots i feel is a very hard on the parents when all they are trying to do is comfort there child
they dont have to take apart stereos or any electrical goods so whats the difference they still manage to test for explosvies
i just feel as usual here in the uk we always go a step to hard without any common sense they have since relaxed the rules slightly
which does help parents
this is just a personal view from experience
as for dalaman if you buy anything from there you are mad
after the long time i have been travelling this route i never purchase anything in there i check in then go back out the airport and use the cafe in the car park thats not to sad turkish tea 1.5 ytl
Thats no problem La-la :) im very jelous of you! ha ha, you will have a fab time im sure, yepp the destans pool is lovely but just didnt have the same atmosphere & the room we had was very dark as we only had one tiny triangular window hehe, so maybe it was a good thing that you swapped i dont know! :D
Elle xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.