Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
If it was me I would pay for the private treatment in UK before you go and then you will be able to enjoy your holiday. However it is of course possible to get it done out there and it should work out cheaper. It will just mean a day or two of having a sore mouth on holiday. Have you been there before and do you have any friends there who can recommend a good dentist? if not I would ask your hotel receptionist for a recommendation.
Thanks JMK for the advice. I have already booked to have it done on Monday in the UK, Like you i realise that i would have sore gums for a while. I fly out a week Thursday so hopefully the pain will be easing.
Have a great holiday with hopefully no pain! I've had a few teeth out unfortunately but I'm always surprised at how quickly the gums heal. I should think it'll all be fine by the time you get there.
I would like to say how pleased I and the rest of my family have been with our dental treatment in Turkey. Perhaps Steve 6447 if your removed tooth is in a visible part of your mouth you may consider having a bridge done in Turkey as the savings can be very worth while. A porcelain crown is about £80 in Turkey as apposed to any where between £300 and £500 in the uk so you could save about between £440 and £640 :D on a two tooth bridge. And the treatment is a quicker than here the crowns were fitted two days after the initial appointment. Our dentist is in Marmaris so can't help with dentists in Gumbet.
hi gaser, my son has a chipped tooth at the front and has been quoted about 2 -300 pounds over here. we are going to marmaris in sept. do you think he should have it done over there and what is the name and location of your dentist and approx cost please. thanks
Hello cart583, the following has been copied from an email i sent to some one who rented our place in Icmeler and should anwer your questions, although when we were last there in May we took a friend to the dentist with a chip on a front tooth. The dentist sugested that they remove on old vaneer from the other tooth and caped both front teeth the treatment took two visits to the dentist over 3 days and i assume the cost was about £200 or less although our friend didnt say what the final cost was but i am sure he would have said somthing if the cost was more than we i had suggested. His teeth looked much better than before. My wife also had a chip on her front tooth and that was treated by filling the indentation with a white filling which also looks fine and cost £30. :)
Our dentist in Turkey is Doctor Ahu Cetin phone 00902524134441 from UK, 70 Old Dacta (pronounced Dachta) Road Marmaris Turkey
There are three female dentists, all speak English to varying standards but language is not normally a problem. We have had crowns and bridges done at around £80 to £100 per tooth, amalgam fillings replaced with white fillings at around £30 each, I had an x-ray two fillings removed, two lots of medication, temporary fillings and then the two permanent fillings done at a cost of about £75. They also do laser whitening at about £215 and the only thing that for some reason doesn't seem to be particularly good value is cleaning at between 50ytl and 100ytl. The surgery is modern and hygienic, more up to date than our surgery here. The things that are different are you have to put on plastic over shoes when you arrive for hygiene reasons, the atmosphere is much more friendly and less formal than here, the surgery is next to the waiting room separated by an opaque glass wall and open door so people in the waiting room can see people being treated and wonder in from the waiting room to the surgery to be with relatives whilst being treated or to speak to the dentist. There are three dental chairs in the one room although none face each other nor do they face the waiting room entrance so no one is passing by having a look at your teeth. My wife is a very nervous patient and is now very happy to go there as they are gentle and considerate; they explain what they are doing and why, they apply a spray on anaesthetic before injecting and check frequently that you are comfortable. If you ask for cleaning they use a high pressure water jet to clean teeth rather than scraping and using drill attachments as ours does in the UK. The dentist surgery is about 10 to 15 minutes walk from Tansas in Marmaris. Any other questions please ask.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.