General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Karen,

My last diving holiday was in St Lucia last march. you should be able to get an AI for your budget and the diving is fantastic. The Anse Castanet Marine Reserve has some of the best caribbean reef systems I've seen. Fish life is excellent, though restricted to smaller species due to a history of over fishing. I stayed at the Rex Papillon in Rodney Bay. This is my hotel review.

The south coast of the Dominican Republic is pretty good. I dived around the Juan Dolio area and although the reefs aren't the most pristine, the fish life is excellent and the diving varied. Plenty to see. I stayed at the Barcello Talanquera.

Tha canaries are quite good. Visibility at that time of year is 20+m. There are plenty of large Groupers to play with and Angel Sharks will still be around at that time of year. Good diving on a cheapish budget.

I've filmed in all these locations so if you want to see any of the footage, PM me.

Darren
Have a think about Sri Lanka. Kuoni - or their direct sales arm The Travel Collection - have some great deals on an all-inclusive basis. We did this last year and it was simply wonderful. Post tsunami, there are some great deals available and it is a lovely country, good hotels, good food and lovely people.
Thank you, I will go and have a look at these places.

Karen
Have you looked at http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk (part of the first choice group)? I have always found their prices really competitive.
I would have to say Thailand. It's my fave place in the whole world!!
Feb is also high season as the sea is like a mill pond at that time of year. Good boat diving from Phuket near the many tiny uninhabited islands. We went to Evason Phuket (south east tip of the island) Not the cheapest hotel but there are tons of others on the island at all price ranges. Probably wouldn't bother with all inclusive in Thailand as providing you are in a resort the food is cheap and varied - infact may be harder to find a hotel that does AI.

Maybe also look at Mexico. They are good at All-inclusive and the diving is great (think we crammed in 13 dives in a week). We went to Playa Del Carmen (Playacar) which is V near Cozumel and had a wonderful holiday. I have quite often seen really fab deals to Mexico too.
Thank you all so much for your suggestions, it's certainly given me a lot to think about.

Upon questioning hubby about where he would like to go, he replied "Gran Canaria" - looks like we'll be holidaying separately next year!!!

Thanks again, now I've just got to persuade him indoors!!!
I hope you find what youre looking for, as for men - theyre no goo at making holiday decisions - i left it up to my ex to decide ad we ended up in hell, ad he messed everything up!! my advice, book what you want and dont tell him - then when he does find out tell him it was meant to be a suprise!!

I would say that the Caribbean would be a good choice, the Dominican has some good prices, but its worth looking at other islands too - Virgin do some great deals and the flights are excellent!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.