Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
new destination
6 Posts
Malaysia has beautiful beaches , warm water, an excellent exhange rate and very friendly people, whether it has a magnet is a personal issue I always find it perfect but some people may find it boring.
Been to all those you mention and they are all fab- but just back from Vietnam for the first time and we loved it how can you not love somewhere where you can get 7 glasses of beer to the pound- fantastic food of all descriptions and wonderful people as well as not too many tourists
I was going to say what Calhorn said, vietnam sounds like it might float your boat. Though the beaches aren't to the standard of Thailands.

How about Bali, never been myself (well not until November anyhow) but from what I hear it has lovely beaches, great people and the majority of people seem to go back.
For 2 weeks you cant beat Thailand, I would try Krabi/Ao Nang or even Rai Lay the scenery there is beautiful and the water is clear and warm. Bali is amazing but the beaches are not as good as Thailand, I wouldnt want to go to Malaysia for 2 weeks, the people arent that friendly and the beaches arent that good. So many choices, you could try Kerala as well, but I havent been there.
As you have visited Goa you'll will know that there is a period during which it's not a good idea to go - unless you love rain.

Some of the countries you've mentioned also have wet seasons, sometimes the rainfall is high several times during the year - although rainfall in Thailand & Bali isn't like the monsoon, it often rains very heavily for about an hour and then clears up and is sunny afterwards.

So wherever you decide to go, consider the rainfall for the period you're thinking about.

Happy holidays. :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.