UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Is that the one in Brixham? I live not far from there. I cannot comment on this accomodation but am able to reassure you that you will like it here with plenty to do and see.
I went to Devon Cliffs (in Exmouth) and didn't like it. I can only describe it as being scruffy really.

BUT, that was several years ago, at least ten years ago, so may well have improved by now :wink:

Pippy :D
We went to Devon Cliffs about 3 years ago and it's one of the better Haven sites. It's recently had alot of money speant on it and there's plenty to do, even a spa. I would advise that it is VERY hilly though, especially the road down to the beach.
Went to Devon Cliffs 3 years ago, it was OK, but have been to nicer sites. Yes, a lot of money has been spent on it but I felt it was a bit too big. The entertainment area was extremely busy (outside school hols too) and vast. As mentioned it's very hilly so a bit of a nightmare if you have a pushchair or wheelchair.

I've been to a couple of Haven sites and would say don't book anything less than a 'Gold' standard. Also' I've never found the cleaning of the caravans very good, we actually watched the cleaner go in on one occasion to clean for a changeover and she must have spent all of 5 mins on it, not very thorough at all. If you do decide to book have a look at doing it privately as this can work out much cheaper. Websites I've used in the past are Daltons Holidays, BookDirectly.com and Direct Holiday Homes. We've found that by doing it this way the caravans are usually better kept and better equipped too.

Sorry if I've been a bit negative about DC. On the plus side there are some nice places to visit around the area. I personally prefer Parkdean sites not quite as vast and have found them to be a bit 'tidier'. Also have you tried Cornwall? Hendra, just outside Newquay has to be my favourite site, in a great position for exploring the area and really nicely set out, lots to do for the children too.
Hi,

I'm a member of another forum, it is for caravan owners who are on parks owned by Bourne Leisure, Haven sites are so if you follow this link, you may be able to rent privately and for cheaper than going through Haven and have a better standard of van /cleanliness.

http://www.havenownersforum.co.uk/forum/index.php

Judith
Hello,

We were at Devon Cliffs in May this year for the bank holiday weekend.
It was heaving, very busy but the site is extremely big. We stayed in a 3 bed Gold caravan, and it was very clean.
Has a spectacular location, where the ealk down to the beach is from the site. Very steep hill to cimb back up, but the beach itself was lovely. We had good weather and spent a fun Saturday afternoon there along with everyone else.
The supermarket on site is a rip off, but 5 mins up the road is a huge Tesco's. The entertainment was adequate, but again the place was packed out. We struggled to get a seat and only ventured up there on the Saturday night.
Pool area is fine, nothing spectacular (in my opinion).
Spa does good treatments though, pre-booking is vital.
We were there with a huge group of friends as our boys had a football tournament there so we used it as a base to be honest. Would'nt be my idea of a place to holiday purely because of the size of the site.
Hope that helps.
They have refurbed a LOT of the site which again is a plus side.
Been there several times and we have used a pram for a toddler and ended up worn out and nearly passed out on some of the hills. It is extremely hilly, there are lifts and ramps though. I can't actually think of anywhere that is flat!

Meanwhile like all modern HSE affected UK pools, this indoor one is knee deep to a grass hopper. There were several larger cubicles available for changing which will cater for the disabled.

If you want to look around the South, It may be better to work out your likely visiting spots and see if there is a better suited/sited park.
devon cliffs ( haven) is nice site as i went last year .in the past 6 year i have been to haven site in yorkshire ,south wales and north cornwall and the devon cliffs is the best so enjoy your self and the long trip from scotland
I too am disabled, im 22 and in a wheelchair, been with haven 10 years now
unforutnaly our only worst stary was devon cliffs
will never ever go back there. we actually considered leaving after 2 days, we were given a caravan on top of a hill - just behind the sports area - which was extremly noisy morning noon and night - coz they just climbed over the fence to get in.
despite asking for easy access carvan it never happpened, access round the park wasnt as easy as they said, none of the park is flat, my dad ended up having to drive me around the park

the main clomplex does have ramps and lifts, but be careful as 1 of the clubs isnt - which is their biggest one, its all tiered seating from the bar all the way to the dancefloor and steps to the toilet
not much use in a wheelchair it was horrendous,

i had to be carryed though a fire escape via their security staff - i refused to go back again during our week there . managedment was called in but it had already ruined my holiday

just be aware this park isnt flat
Hi,
We are thinking of booking a last minute holiday to Havens Devon cliffs holiday park....we have 3 children aged 14, 12 and 11...has anyone been to this park recently and whats their opinion of it??

Also does anyone have any ideas for day trips out around the area such as theme parks, water parks, zoos etc etc...the types of things to keep the kids happy !!

Hi fluffycat .... I have merged your enquiry with this existing Devon Cliffs topic, which may provide some useful info while you wait for further feedback.

David :wave
Hi, can't offer any advise on this site, but what a blast from the past seeing the title Devon Cliffs :yikes

Had four really fantastic holidays here when I was a teenager, but that was before it was as huge as it is now and also over 20 years ago!

Would be interesting to go back, but sometimes places are best left to memory.

Sorry for the useless post, but you put me down memory lane :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.