EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Yes I heard them on the radio last week Sanji - must have been devastating for them.

Kath x
Hi Kath.
I was in Spain myself last week, so the first I heard about it, was when I read the "Times" newspaper.

It's terrible and must put the fear of god into anyone with property in Spain.

I really hope that they get help and compensation, although it may help them, it will never replace their home or the traumatic experience of seeing their home and life savings reduced to rubble....it's not easy to "pick yourself up" at their time of life.

This is where the European courts should do what they are supposed to do.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Friends of mine own a property in Catral, the house was built quite a while ago now but no electricity or water has been installed because the house has been deemed illegally built. They thought they had done everything correctly with lawyers etc. but it's been a tale of c o r r u p t i o n in all areas. They are a retired couple and had looked forward to their retirement. They are now living in rented accomodation after selling their home to pay for the one in Spain. They had expected to move to their new home almost four years ago and they are still no nearer a solution.
The media can sometimes be a headache. As we saywhere there is smoke, there is fire. Never be afraid of freehold property.
There's plenty of smoke and fire in parts of Spain and I think the media (for once) are justified in highlighting what has/is going wrong in Spain due to the amount of corr-up- tion that has taken place ...which is now coming back to haunt people.

All very well and good if you're not one of those affected, but some won't know until it's too late.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3213061.ece

Never be afraid of freehold property.

Ermmm, that's the problem, some of these people have been told that they own the land, but if it turns out to be owned by the state or on "green belt land" then freehold, leasehold or whatever.......it means nothing.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Ermmm, that's the problem, some of these people have been told that they own the land

There is another old adage

Believe NOTHING your told and only HALF of what you see.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.