Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
diet fizz?
42 Posts
as a diabetic i have no choice, the sugar in standard coke would kill me 13 spoonfulls of sugar is more than i have in a week.

lez.

no sugar in spirits :hyper :hyper no sugar in diet coke :hyper :hyper

see you all on the 24th March :pele :pele :pele :pele
:offtop ....has anyone seen pineapple bacardi breezer ....could not get it in november when I was in goa ... :D
I remember there being lots of wtermelon breezers, there were a few of other flavours but cant remember if there were pineapple, I sem to remember lime ones................. :(
Hi Lez

As a diabetic too I have problem in finding "sugar free" drinks. Beware that the copied diet coke may contain sugar. I found that I had to ask and make sure it was the original stuff as my sugar levels shot up once when I had the diet coke I thought was imported. Once I knew it was ok then I tended to stick to the shack that sold it (Bobbys)

Thanks

Jo
India, as a nation, has a very sweet tooth, and has far as i've been made aware, they suffer the health consequences. When you are in Goa check out the ingredients in a bottle of Bacardi Breezer, you'll notice the primary ingredient(first on the list) is sugar then water, it's the other way around in this country. Can you imagine how much sugar that is, mind you , they do also drink the juice from raw sugar cane.
When I was in Calcutta I tried that sugarcane drink, the most disgusting drink I have ever tasted, :yuck the vendor was right upset when I gave it back, I think he thought I was going to ask for my 2 rupees back. :argue

If I stay off the Carbohydrates then I'm ok with the odd full fat coke, but I wouldn't drink one from choice. :tut

I take it that fresh fruit juice is readily available, brandy and mango juice with watermelon? :rofl :rofl :rofl

Lez
As an alternative to diet coke or water, try the fresh lime sodas. Ask for them plain though or they'll add sugar. They're really refreshing and delicious.
Gail
Thats an idea GEC I've not tried it.
I like the banana lassi - but sometimes forget to ask them not to put sugar in it :shock:
I'm a vodka and diet coke girl , got it everywhere we drank. Sure it was only about a pound, and that was adouble smirnoff
do you all have ice in these drinks?? or does it depend where you are??
banana lassi

after a quick google, without the sugar looks like

that would be a good breakfast :P with :glynis

lez :shrug
fresh lime and soda's with gin / vodka if you're struggling - I always have ice in my drinks it make all the difference
Dont you get ill taking the ice?
Yeah considering the amount of alcohol you get in a Goa measures I dont mind paying 20 extra ruppees for a diet coke!!!
been to goa three times and never had a problem with the ice......I always bring a thermal cup with me ......to keep my drinks cold .......I ask the beach shacks or hotel to fill it with ice and bring me ......water juice ....coke or whatever ......and it keeps it cold for ages....keeps the flies out too.... ....good. :idea: :idea:
Hmmmmm i think i will try that one! Thanks for the handy hint.
I wonder when they will get slimline tonic, that will save me a barrowload of calories. Well you need the quinine don't you!!
If your willing to pay 60p for a can of diet coke in England then why not pay 55p in Goa :?: :!: :?:
Fresh Lime Soda, covered with a napkin and drunk quickly through a straw is a very good way of sobering up quickly. Have used this many times when I might have had one or two too many and need to walk back to the hotel. You don't want to be staggering down those roads late at night.

Haven't got the faintest idea why it works but it does - don't take my word for it, try it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.