Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I can only go by my own experiences and say that no you should not have any problems, I have done the following:-

In 1989 flew to Alicante with Air Europe and home with Dan-Air :yikes

In 2003 flew to Reus with Britannia and flew home from Barcelona with easyJet

In 2007 flew to Faro with First Choice Airways and home with Monarch

Didn't have any problems and I cannot see any reason why you would, if they did ask any questions on your arrival as long as you can prove you have a return flight booked then I don't think they would care.

Have a good holiday :sun2
wolvo girl,

You won't have any problems. Booking one way flights is no different than booking a return ticket. There's no reason for airlines to ask any awkward questions as to why you are on a one way ticket with a particular airline. Immigration are more likely to ask questions as you'll need to provide evidence of a homebound ticket if questioned (unlikely), which you can. I used to regularly fly with First Choice outbound and Thomas Cook inbound because of convenient flight times.

Darren
I flew to Dalaman with First Choice, and back 16 days later with Thomas Cook. It was no different to a return flight only difference is you have 2 e-tickets you hand the relevant ticket in at check and get given your boarding card as normal. This is becomeing more and more common, and some of the cheaper travel agents are actually doing the same when creating your package they book you single tickets with different airlines to keep costs down.
I have done it many times and thre is no problem so don't worry. I also used to get one way tickets and come back a few months later with another one way ticket, it is fine whichever way you go.
Thanks for the replys guys. I think that I will give it go being as its so much cheaper. Di.
Booking single flights with different carriers isn't a problem, where things could go wrong is if you book a bargain return flight just to get the return leg (so don't use the outward part).

For instance, I know that Swiss will do me Manchester-Basel cheaply if I buy a return - but they only fly on certain days. Easyjet also fly to Basel, but again only on certain days. It may seem that if I wanted to go out on an EZ day and come back on a Swiss day all I have to do is buy an EZ single outwards and a cheap Swiss return to get back (this bargain return is cheaper than their single). The problem is that buried in the ticket conditions it says that if you buy a return and don't check in for the outward leg then the whole ticket will be cancelled. This is a common condition on cheap return flights from the "old style" airlines.

I've mix and matched EZ with HLX, BMIbaby with Monarch and even FlyBe with Eurostar (I know they're not an airline but you tell that to their ticket system managers!!). These usually involved completely different routes and crossing borders in between.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.