Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Due to the fact that you can, online, still make an exact duplicate booking I'd suggest you phone Ros Fernihough on 01922 621114 as soon as possible. Please let us know how you get on.
Hi Glynis,

I've left a message on Ros's voicemail, if i dont hear anything tonight i will try again in the morning.

Thanks
I would call Direct Holidays and explain (1) your point about friends travelling there at the same with First Choice and that you obviously don't wish to be moved leaving them still at the original hotel (2) that you found you could still book your original hotel on line this week end - ask them why that could be? Ask that if possible they try to secure your party at that hotel. Be firm but polite. I wouldn't recommend a rant or rave (even if you feel like giving them one).

There booking conditions should mean that they can not down-grade your accommodation. Any change would have to be at the same or a high grade.

Good Luck.
Steve Ros's office is closed over the weekend. Try in the morning first thing :tup
Morning,

I managed to speak with Ros's office this morning who advised i speak direct with the hotel and find out from them if they do actually have the room available. Unfortunately when i called, the booking manager was on leave until tomorrow. I have now been on hold to direct holidays trying to get through to there operations department for a total of 15 hours. If anyone has any other way of contacting them could you please let me know as soon as please!!!

Ps: Having checked with the booking line this morning they are still selling the holiday, online and over the telephone!!!
I believe these numbers for Glasgow and Aberdeen are still valid although I don't know if they will be able to help.

Glasgow 0141 559 7000
Aberdeen 01224 224000
Thanks for that, managed to get through eventually (I was just about to hang up) anyway i've managed to sort it with them now.

According to Direct Holidays the family room we originally booked had been overbooked 7 times (high demand all year round apparently) They have offered us a twin room (which we have accepted) but are refusing to budge on reimbursing the family room supplement, which was an additional £84 (£2 per night per person). They now state as per the brochure the price of the twin room with sea view is actually more expensive than the family room at £3 per night per person. I wasnt in the mood to fight it out over the telephone, i was just relieved we now still have the holiday with the rest of the family in the same hotel.

Does anybody think its worth persuing a refund on the supplement? Or does anybody think its worth taking the original invoice to the hotel (Which states a family room booking) and see if we can wangle a family room, once we get out there? :D
Hiya

Glad you seem to have got some kind of a result. TBH I think it is up to you if you chase your 84 quid. In my experience it's swings and roundabouts as to if a family room verses two twins is much different in price. The supplements on family rooms are so high that ever since my kids passed 12, I have been booking 2 twins whenever I can. (two bathrooms, two lots of storage, two balconys/terraces). But this very much depends on the age of your kids.

I would imagine you have 'won' financially on the deal but it isn't really what you want or booked & if it means your wife in one room and you in the other it could affect the enjoyment of your holiday.

Take the original receipt and try for the family room when you get there if that's what you really want, you have nothing to lose by trying. When booking in at hotels to me, they often don't seem to allocate you a specific room until you turn up at the reception desk with your invoice/booking form.

Have a good holiday. I've considered that hotel before it gets great reviews.
I've been over to Cosmos site for a snoop and they say that the family rooms have bunk beds. (Just been over to Direct Site and you can see the layout of the bunk beds in the family room on their photo's) Don't know if you've seen it but there's a video of the hotel on that site as well:-

http://www.cosmos.co.uk/destinations/Greek-Islands/Rhodes/Kalithea/Hotel-Esperides

I'd rather have a sea view ;)

Steve are they going to send you out an amended invoice?
Glad you have got this sorted. Is it one twin room they've offered or two though? Reading your post it sounds like only one. Bit of a squeeze for all of you? If it's only one I think I'd still try to contact the hotel tomorrow to confirm if a family room could be still available.
Oh dear I think I misread it and assumed it was two twins they had now given you. :oops: Sorry. That makes my previous post invalid, as nic says it could be a bit of a squeeze.
Hi,

Glynis: Yep, an amended invoice should be on its way.

We have only been offered one twin room but i will try again for the family room, or like you say try it once i'm out there.

Just glad its sorted now, everyone has been worried sick since we received the letter.

A few beers called for tonight methinks :tup
Good Morning,

Looks like i spoke to soon, I have received the amended invoice but now they have changed our flights to later ones 1am going out and 4am coming back!!!!!

Once again it is impossible to get hold of anyone on the telephone from Direct Holidays
Have the flights altered on the website as well? What about in-laws with FC have their flights altered? What were your original flight times?
Hi Glynis,

Yes the flights have altered on the website as well. The inlaws flights with first choice are unchanged.

Our original flight times were:

Flying out with Thomson Fly:

Departs Newcastle 1400 Arrives Rhodes 2010

Return Rhodes to Newcastle 2110 arrive 2335

The new invoice now has our flights with Thomas Cook Airlines:

Departs Newcastle 1855 Arrives Rhodes 0100

Departs Rhodes 0200 Arrives Newcastle 0425
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.