America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Discovery Cove
23 Posts
Hi Louise

There is a long thread about Discovery Cove but I'm not going to merge your post with it in case some of the info is now out of date.

Anyway, HERE it is, should give you some idea until anyone who's been recently can help :)
hi
my son and i did discovery cove 2004 it was a great day well worth the money wouls love to do again if i ever go back to florida
I would agree. One of our best family holiday experiences ever was watching the kids swimming and interacting with the dolphins. Worth every penny.
Hi

We visited D/Cove 3 weeks ago whilst in Florida and it was fantastic.
We bought an ultimate ticket which gives unlimited admittance to Busch Gardens and Sea world.

Book it you won't regret it

Liz
Thanks all hopefully we can include this excursion if we can afford it :cheers 354 days to go :sun2
Hi

We visited D/Cove 3 weeks ago whilst in Florida and it was fantastic.
We bought an ultimate ticket which gives unlimited admittance to Busch Gardens and Sea world.

Book it you won't regret it

hello, how much is this ticket?
I will check my invoice but if I remember correctly it was approx £180 for the ultimate swim with dolphin ticket that inc sea world and Busch.
I know this might sound random but i'm a big girl and wanted to go to Dicovery Cove, they say you have to wear wet suits .... hence i'm worried!

Will i get into it!

Help!
We did Discovery Cove swim 2 weeks ago..

It's expensive but well worth it.. Tropical pardadise - all inclusive, snorkling & a ride with the dolphins..

TIGGMYSTER18 - there's lots of different sizes hung up in a hut near the 'beach' section.
You don't have to have a 'Full' wetsuit, you can opt for just a vest (which I did) if that's better.

Nik
Thanks alot Nik :) Makes me feel better

All booked up now! Going on the 17th June! Can't wait! :)
You'll love it - it's brilliant!!

ps get there @ 8am to get enrolled, then kitted out with special sunscreen etc, then you can pop down to the restaurant for breakfast and relax!!

Nik
hello,

so you could wear the vest with your swimshorts is that ok? Is the vest optional to everyone? I think i would prefer this option! :) What kind of happens from when you get there & leave etc? :)
Hi Bubble123,

When you arrive you'll have your digital photo taken to create a card. If your over 21 this will be printed on the card so you'll be able to get free beer :cheers

At this point (if you've picked this option) you'll be allocated a doplhin swim time.

You'll the be directed to the lockers (By the hoards of helpfull staff) - and shown where the restautants, bar and meeting area for your dolphin swim is.

As you walk down to the lockers, there's a beach hut with a chap inside - he'll ask if you want a full wetsuit or just a swimvest. He'll guess your size and will get it for you. Obviously, if it doesn't fit, he'll change it.

(When in the water, you have to have one of these on.)

You'll also pick up a netted bag containing snorkel, visor & dolphin friendly suncreen. (more like polyfilla)

Towels are located in the toilets (for some reason)

-Head to a locker after this, sort yourself out, head to the 'beach' and claim a sunlounger. (there's plenty so no mad rush)

-Head for the restaurant for a full breakfast

Then the rest depends on your 'swim time' with the dolphins.

If it's in the afternoon, you can explore...go snorkeling, spend what seems like days rubbing the thick dolphin friendly 'paste' into your arms etc.. :duh

Dinner is open for about 3 hours and is all inclusive (and tasty) :D

The beach bars serve non + alcholics drinks + crisps + pretzles all day long. :tup

Enjoy it!!

Any other questions, just ask

Cheers
NIk
Ooh thanks for your very helpfull reply. Are you allowed to take a camera with you? like one of the water ones? :)
yes
bring in your camera in your rucksack + under water one for the rays & sharks!
There's a shop selling these if you forget though + towels etc

Bang your rucksack in your locker before your swim..

take plenty of money for the dvd + pictures of you and your swim - it's expensive!! but you don't dip with a dolphin every day!

(Charge a credit card to your 'inclusive card' so you don't need to take your money around with you)

Nik
Went to Discovery Cove on the 17th June and OMG! It was amazing! Very much worth it! Snorkeling was great too! Taking an under water camera is a must there is so much to see above and below. Any questions feel free to ask xx
Glad you enjoyed it Tiggmyster! ;)

Did you buy the pictures off them to take home?

Nik
Yes Nik , i did but the photos the ultimate package was very expensive but well worth it :) About $230 :-S
TIGGMYSTER18
Did you pre book in the Uk before you went or book once you got to Florida?
we go 2nd April :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.