America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
hi nikki64

we're going to orlando for 11 nights staying at the hawthorne suites lake buena vista very close to disney and easy to get to sea world and universal (theres a quick back way missing out I-4 then to sirata beach resort for a relaxing 7 nights :sun2
:cheers check them out on trip advisor (neither are on holiday truths) and google earth shows all the restaurants, bars and shps in the area
we've booked with jetsave who use virgin flights so you can go for as many nights as you want!
Hi Nikki :cheers

When you check out prices. Check both ways. ie beach then disney v. disney then beach.

I have been on this type of two centre holiday with Virgin twice.
If you are not too bothered which order you do them in you can often save money.

You didn't say which airport you are. I am London, this holiday means using both Heathrow and Gatwick for us. (Heathrow for Miami, Gatwick for Orlando) so we don't drive to the London airport. We get cabs as our car would be in the wrong one on returning.

We normally go to Naples and have been to the Keys years ago. Both Fab. Lots of folk go to Clearwater or St Petes these are the most popluar for two centre holidays and the closest to Orlando and I guess you would cut Miami Airport out of the equasion.

Do you mean a Disney hotel or just a hotel in Orlando? Some folk say Disney but would be happy with normal hotel. Disney hotels can be megga bucks as the Americans would say. LOL.

The last Disney hotel I stayed at was the Disney Coronado Springs resort. It is the newest of the 'moderately priced' resorts (as Disney call them LOL). The Caribbean Beach Resort and Port Orleans Resorts are the other two. But it's 6 years since I stayed in the Disney hotel, so you need to read the reviews. Last time we went we stayed in a Suite Hotel as you get a seperate bedroom and lounge as our kids were older.

If Judy is around later she knows a good Disney site and hopefully will put up a link. I think it's called Dibb.

Hope this helps a bit.

Doe
Good Luck

Doe :)
Clearwater Beach is lovely and so is Sarasota.

I particularly Clearwater so you can spend a day at Busch.
Be careful with Clearwater at the moment as there is still lots of construction work in the beach area. Hopefuuly it will be completed by the end of 2008.
Thanks everyone for your comments, it gives me a bit more of an idea. To be honest, I think we would want the beach break at the end just to recover from the Disney experience. Still not sure about where we will stay, whether private villa, hotel or Disney resort.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.