DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
promotion code mod ,is either £10 or £20 per person off,kev
Can't get code 'mod' to work at all Kev (gives nil discount) :cry: or is it just me ? :oops:
The code DIVERS gives £15pp off.
Thanks jojouk - I have that one (FAMILY also gets £15pp off) - was looking for a code that gives a bigger discount ....if there is one :?
With any flight only its best to register for e mails on the airlines own website,which always gives early warning of special offers. Register with as many as you can find then pick and choose what suits you
Hi Paully - I'm already signed up to the XL website .......but I am soooooooooo impatient...once I get an idea of booking something I just want to go for it...... but my experience of last time is pulling me back (slightly ! :? ).

I was just wondering if anyone had noticed any trends occurring on the sale front, with this company ? :roll:

Any further comments would be much appreciated (and thanks to everyone's helpfulness so far :D )
It must be very difficult to keep track of trends in advertising by airlines as they don't all fly where we want to go. I am afraid it is a case of some you win some you lose. Just be a little patient and see if XL follow last years pattern.

Dave
I do keep an eye on XL's price - but not avidly!! But what i have found is just before the 'big' sale they put the base prices up - So the 15/20/25 % sale they are advertising is actually less than say 5%

The emails seem to be quite frequent - would say between 6-8 weeks

Last year i was travelling to dalaman at august bank holiday - so got in early thinking it would be a popular week - Paid £230pp.... By the week before the flight was £70 :twisted: not impressed - but just a chance you take i guess. We are again going over the BH this year, i am going to try to hold out till the last minute, but like you i just like to get things booked.... fingers crossed

LA
Thanks for that Leighanne

- perhaps I should wait for the next price increase then :? ..and the subsequent sale! :wink:
Hi everyone,

having seen Kev's post regarding the 'mod' code I've just been on the excel website looking at last minute bookings and found the following examples.

Two return flights Bristol/Tenerife south 30/05/06 returning on 06/06/06,
total cost using MOD code £67.00
total cost using DIVERS code £143.00
total cost without any code £93.00

I double checked this info as it seemed strange that the DIVERS code came out £50 dearer than no code at all on these flights.

The MOD code applies to flights up until 31/12/06

Andy
That's interesting Andy ....and that explains why they MOD code doesn't work for me .......my flights are for June 07.

Have also discovered the code NURSE gets £15pp off , and FAMILY gets £10pp off ..interested if these might work for your last minute flights Andy ?

:roll:
Thanks for the tip jdybnsn, I've just checked and for the same flights two return fares are

NURSE £143
FAMILY £79

sadly I can't actually go on those dates........... another bargain I have to miss out on :-(
EEK !

The promo code DIVERS no longer appears to be working on the XL.com website- message back from the website is that this code is currently 'over subscribed'
(booking flights for next year).

Anyone else had this problem :?:
Just to let you know that the DIVERS code appears to be working again for next years flights. :)

... but at the same time flights for NEXT year have all increased by £20 - £25 :evil: but the good news is that flights for THIS year actually seem to have dropped in most cases - this is the case for Manchester flights anyhow - I don't know about other routes. :?

Just my luck as I have booked this year but looking to book next year - one of these days I'll work out if there is a pattern to prices/ reductions on this site ! :cry:

They have some great last minute bargains if anyone is interested !
I have been waiting now for 2 days for XL to get back to me with a quote for a 6 week stay in bodrum from bristol flying out on the 27/7 returning on the 4/9.........I have called them 4 times and have just been told the operations have been closed for 3 days!!?? Cant understand it myself.........so I have to wait until tomorrow.......Goldtrail have quoted me £329 pp. which seems very high but will wait and see what XL come up with........£329 seems to be the best price I can come up with up until now.
Any suggestions? can I use the MOD code with phone bookings? I cant book long stay on the internet have to ring them.
Many thanks for any help
Tina
I can't see why you can't use the codes with a telephone booking, but I guess that this may give them the opportunity to find out whether you are eligible for the code - I'm presuming the MOD one is for military personel, divers is for well, people who are part of a diving party ??? I've not done this so its only a guess - no harm in asking though.

The use of the code appears not to be questioned if you book on line, and we were certainly never asked about the codes at the airport.

Good luck with getting your prices - unfortunately XL do not have a great reputation for customer service :cry:
Just an update ;

XLcom prices for NEXT years flights all seem to be approx £20 pp dearer than a few weeks ago :( ...... whilst most of THIS years flights now appear to be £20, or more, cheaper.. :lol:
Yes I noticed that,but it will change.I`m tracking Fuerteventura flights so will wait until they send out an e mail making some special offers which i would expect about October time.......he says hopefully....had to wait until February this year for a good September deal but I`m patient :(
New promotion code for XL.com flights 'Tesco' = £20 pp off :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.