Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Spadge,

I think you should be able to do this. The thing is, most of the t/o's do the cruise first and then a week in Sharm or wherever. The Nile cruises are guided so should be no problem for your parents. Maybe you need to fix up their holiday first and then arrange for your fortnight at the same hotel? The problem will be, of course, that you may not be on the same flight as your mum and dad, going out, and maybe not on the return either.

I think you have to find a cruise/hotel deal that suits your parents and then telephone the t/o concerned, tell them what you need and see what they can do. Failing that, ring someone like Jetline Travel and explain your requirements, they should be eager to help.
I can highly recommend the guy who we used for our independent trip in May this year.

We've always booked package deals to Luxor from UK previously but now we are living in Cyprus, it's not necessary for us to do this. We booked flight only from Larnaca to Cairo, then onwards to Aswan.

We used http://www.memphistours.com as we wanted to do the cruise between Aswan & Luxor as well as the overnight sleeper carriage from Luxor to Cairo. We wanted to ensure we had confirmed reservations on both of these and I found Mr Sherif at Memphis Tours to be really helpful, particularly as he has a Live Chat helpline. He arranged these 2 items for us, although we could have pre-booked them ourselves, we saved on having to pay for the whole trip in advance as we only paid a 25% deposit on reserving then the rest when we got to our Aswan hotel.

He also arranged our accommodation - for the same reason... We booked a considerable time in advance so it meant less to pay out and the dosh was far better in my pocket than on some other hotel booking site.

We paid $25pp per night in Aswan for BB hotel at Isis Corniche and $35pp per night in Luxor at Sonesta St George hotel.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his services and he will put together any package you want. Also, you may find you can book your internal flights on Egyptairs own website - they do have some very good deals.

Enjoy :D

Regards
cyprus100
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.