General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
We do.Just seems like the right thing to do.
never have done our maid probably thinks we are slobs as after they have done our room I tend to have afternoon naps and untidy the bed ready for the turn down lol
my husband makes the bed and straightens everywhere up before we go out he has always done it
I always straighten the bed,tidy the dressing table and the bathroom before we leave the room on a morning.
My husband thinks I am mad as I am not so fussy at home. :rofl :rofl
My wife is the same as you Jay - I just want to get down to the pool or beach :rofl
I usually send him down to breakfast to get a table and the fruit juice while I am tidying. :rofl
I pull the top sheet back in half to let the bed air and straighten the bottom sheet, fluff the pillows. I also tidy round, was cups etc & hang the towels up. Hubby would just walk out the door ;)
Yes, I always make the bed(s) and have a quick tidy around, and wash up the breakfast things if we're self catering or in our own apartment. But you're probably right, Glynis, in that you should really pull down the top sheet to let the bed air. Hubby doesn't care, or notice, what I have or haven't done!!
I straighten the bed a little, although don't make that much of an effort to be honest, I put night before clothes away in the cupboard etc before leaving room in the day but don't do much more - i'm on holiday ;)
Neither of us will tidy up , we just leave everything , I really like it when you get a housemaid who organises all your toiletries in size order and folds the end of the toilet paper , they must like doing it so I'm happy to let them carry on , it shows they have good standards and take a pride in their work for which I will reward them because it saves me from doing tedious daily tasks while I'm enjoying my holiday , and it gives the missus a rest for the week to save up her energy she's going to need to do all the washing and ironing when we get home :rofl :whoops
We always leave it very tidy, clothes away, caps on things in bathroom etc but I don't make the bed, as I think that firstly it needs the air a bit, and secondly you don't know which days they are going to change the linen, I've been in hotels where they change it every other day, so can't see the point in making it. The maids always do a better job of making a bed than I do anyway - I've never been able to do hospital corners !
Ooh, I love making beds and missed it when I retired from nursing. :rofl :rofl
doe wrote:
We always leave it very tidy, clothes away, caps on things in bathroom etc but I don't make the bed, as I think that firstly it needs the air a bit, and secondly you don't know which days they are going to change the linen, I've been in hotels where they change it every other day, so can't see the point in making it. The maids always do a better job of making a bed than I do anyway - I've never been able to do hospital corners !

I was taught from an early age to do hospital corners (got my boyfriend in the poo years ago by his mam as I made the bed :oops: :whoops )

I do the same at home Doe, just straighten the bottom sheet then fold the cover back for the bed to air for a few hours. I picked this up in Holland when I lived there for a few years honks ago, except they used to hang the duvet out of the window weather permitting.
We are quite tidy in our apartment, I dont bother with the bed making, my partner always makes his, dont see the point when the cleaners come in and make them properly. Sometimes when the cleaners are cleaning other rooms with the door open, I have noticed some rooms are a real mess, things everywhere. I couldnt leave my room looking so bad, I would feel ashamed.
M
Same as Doe, tidy up but leave the bed, although I do straighten it. My friend called round to our hotel room on our last holiday and commented how clean and tidy it was.!! Another friends room always looks like its been ransacked, LOL although she's very clean and tidy at home.
We always make the bed(s) and leave the room tidy, it only takes a few moments and as we do it in the house why would we not do it on holiday? we don't turn in to slobs just because somebody else has to clean it and looking in some of the rooms we pass I often wonder what kind of tip some people live in at home!
We have never made our bed on holiday, it would never have entered my thoughts that people do. I would never clean my plate and tidy the table either in the dining room as some people do. I am sure housekeeping would rather have a job, they will soon lose it if you all did the job for them. Most have 6 months unemployed as it is
Always have a general tidy up before leaving the room.
If only becuase it is a bit easier to see if any unauthorised rummaging has been going on!
I allways have a general tidy of all our bits and clothing and wash stuff in the bathroom its only the bed I don't make
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.