America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
That seems a bit high :shock: Who is this travelling with? TCD do fairly good deals and some tour operators do free kids. I have mostly travelled with Virgin or BA in the past. Is this to stay on ID?
hI

I did check with TCD & they wanted £4200 for the cheapest hotel, I also tried as a flydrive and that came up with £3300.

The price of £2800 was staying on I Drive (Quality Inn International)

Thanks for any help
No way would i pay that price!!

I have been twice in Feb once in July and once in October and have never paid that and both my kids are teenagers.

Have you tried Thomas Cook? I have just had a price for next Oct 2008 for myself and husband and 2 kids who will be 19 and 16 and there price is £1946. They have free child prices up to the age of 19. I have just booked this and it includes extra bagage allowance of 5kg each.

You would get a villa for around that inc flights but to pay that for room only in a Hotel would be expensive.

Goodluck and shop around..
Hi

I have tried the Thomas Cook website and again had another look around, there price is coming up as £2850 and that does not include the car hire or car hire insurance, I cannot see anywhere about free child places.

Help-where am I going wrong?
Wow, Thomas Cook are expensive. I've just checked the prices and they are £800 dearer than I paid through MyTravel.

MyTravel are doing some great discounts at the moment, not sure if they extend to May next year but have a look. WE looked at booking everything independently but couldn't beat MyTravel's price.

Hope that helps.
The price I got is from the shop itself and I am so pleased with it.

I have been with My Travel before they are very good.

Maybe May is an expensive month?? I have never been then but as I have said before I never paid that for July even.

If you dont ask for a free child the travel agent sometimes do not quote for one.

Tell them a few fibs even that you have had a quote of another travel agent for say £489 each can they price match or beat the offer??, pick a hotel and a definate date you know the company fly out on... If you dont ask you dont get!!!

Goodluck and if all else faily I can give you all my details on a PM and you can book the same deal/date and price I paid for October!
Thanks Liz I will give this a go
funway holidays is another good one, their brochures wont be out yet but their prices are extremely reasonable and i think that includes car. it only cost us roughly £3-4 thousand for 4 of us to tour california for a month, and some of the destinations have free breakfasts.

When i booked our holiday for this year, i didnt even have a brochure because they didnt come out till the end of the year, but i actually booked last August as they were already on Funways system.

If you know the hotel you want to stay in - you could possibly do the same thing.

Here is the website.

http://www.funwayholidays.co.uk

Good luck

Michelle x
Thanks Michelle I am going to have a look now
Forgot to say that some TA will have the brochures, but you get better discounts than in the town, mainly its over the phone.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.