Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
how long is the piece of string?, do we have Christal balls? whats the secret of a good deal?

if you find out let me know, I have a system that i stick to, find the holiday that i would like to take, at a price i feel is reasonable [not necessarily cheap] and book it, the secret is NEVER go back and check the prices after you have booked, in many cases you will be pleased that it has gone up.. on occasions you will feel duped if the price falls,

so ask yourself..
is this the holiday i want?
are the flights/transfers/extras what i want
is the price a fair and reasonable one

if the answers are yes then book it

yasus
wizard
Snap Wizzard! That's the best way to do it. I don't book though until I've checked out loads of companies to see which is the cheapest deal I can get for that exact same holiday.

Mari, do you mind if I ask you with which company you're going to book?
I also check out all the major companies for prices, but I gree with Wizard - if I'm happy with the deal at the time, then I'l book it. I do sometimes check out the prices later on. At one time this season my holiday came down nearly £200 - ok - it might have been nice to catch it at that time - but - I had the holiday I really wanted, at a price I was prepared to pay :tup
Thomson

They are offering £50 discount code this weekend aswell so may just book it.
Hi again Mari,
Since you're thinking of booking with Thomson, have you checked if their sister company http://www.portlandholidays.co.uk are doing the same holiday. They have a selection of Thomson hols for cheaper but all the rest is exactly the same i.e. flight, rep, accom etc
Hi

Thanks Shirley had a look but they only have one hotel in Sidari will definately bear them in mind next time though. Have booked with thomson now as their £50 discount runs out at midnight. Thanks all. :)
I booked for 2 weeks in Sidari for the first 2 weeks in June,self catering for £320 each!!!,booked with Thomas Cook abd got a discount of £412 for some reason,we are staying at the Paradise apartments which has superb reviews,if i was you i would look long and hard because the right deal is out there...hope this helps
That's great big s! I have been looking for days for a good deal but because we are tied to school hols the prices are high :( . Maybe we should have booked early to get a better price? We have looked at DIY and tour op to Corfu, Turkey and now we are considering DIY to Majorca because of the outrageous price of flights and package hols to Greece and Turkey. Wish me luck!!
Hi all,

We are going to Sidari too....from the 13th June for a week. Initially I was looking at packages as they looked cheaper and have often found teletext have good deals. However, our problem is that flying on a weekend we wanted good flight times.

In the end I booked flights and accommodation separately. I was expecting to pay about £250 each by the time you add in taxes, baggage etc. In the end I got Saturday morning flights which were perfect to some cheap but basic accommodation that will be fine for us for £260 each. The nearest to my needs I got on teletext was £289 so I am pleased. Thing is they advertise these great deals at under £200 but by the time you add in the bits and pieces it soon mounts up.

I think the key is if you are pleased with the price you just have to go for it.

I have also found car hire for £107 for the week which is great but am going to ask on here to see if the firm is reputable!!!
we booked last july for this july - angelinas apartments sidari second 2 weeks in july 2 adults and 1 16 yr old £998 for the 3 of us- price is now over £1600!! Iv always found it is best to book 12 months in advance- as prices have always shot up later!

belly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.