Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Yes i would if you are 100% sure that that booking is cancelled and you will get a FULL refund of your deposit . No iIcant see that they would have any idea that you have rebooked on-line . was it with the same travel agent but on-line or somebody completely different although I couldnt see that in either case it would make it differene . just double check there are no extras to that on-line price and go right the way through with that on-line booking to check the price but obviously without the final stage of giving them card details. another thing to bear in mind is with the on-line booking will they take a deposit or is it the whole amount you have to pay.

but you will have to be fast as these on-line prices have a habit of changing daily and if you go ahead make sure that the on-line price is still the same just before you cancel.

lyn
We booked on the high street with Thomson but through Crystal Ski (who are owned by them), we checked Crystal's website and found a much better price. Really hope your right about this :-?
They wont know, but if you cancel and then try to rebook it on line it may get sold and you lose out.
just done the same thing,booked direct with hotel and now find a cheaper deal on line.have paid one night deposit with hotel which they assure me will be refunded so cancelled and have booked the better deal on line.You just have to keep looking and do whats best for you

jeanie :D
Well i took the advice and i'm very pleased to say that i got my money credited back to my account and i've successfully booked the same holiday for £245 less online...thats EXACTLY the same holiday btw. So if you've found it cheaper online then don't hesitate, tell a little white lie and get your money back! Or better still, check online then check the high street travel agent! Thanks for your advice guys, you've saved me a chunk!

Chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.