Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Kim,

I can't help you specifically with the Blue Bay but we stayed earlier this year at the sister hotel, the Reef Oasis Beach Resort which was 4.5* rating and I ate salads at lunch and supper every day. The variety was excellent, as was the quality and we were told by the restaurant manager that items such as lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber etc. are all washed with bottled water rather than tap water. We had no sign of illness during our stay but did drink large quantities of bottled water and used antibacterial handwash (the type that you apply, rub in and leave on without rinsing, such as Carex) at mealtimes and whenever we handled the filthy money! We had ice in our drinks once we checked they used bottled water but avoided ice when out of the hotel.

Cazz
Hi, we were at the Blue Bay for Whit half term, we ate all sorts, salads included - there doesn`t seem to be anything to worry about there, the hotel is spot on.

Have a great time
Fantastic

Thank you both

I have my antibac gel at the ready, 2 bottles :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.