Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I just booked this hotel too for september so would be gratful of any report of info you can give when you get back from your holiday.

Cheers xx :D
Hi
Hi, I stayed at the Reef Oasis (not Blue Bay) a couple of years ago. What is happening in Sharm a lot is that the big hotels are buying up the land very near to them and building sister hotels. While we were there they were building a new road down to the beach. Some of the photos in the brochures of Blue bay are actually of the original Reef Oasis, now, if the Blue Bay is anywhere near the Reef Oasis you are going to have a positive snorkeling extraveganza!!! as the marine life here is fantastic. I will try to locate the positioning of the Blue Bay and get back to you.
xxSBxx
My travel agent rep is going to e-mail the rep in sharm for a "horses mouth" update!!
I should expect to hear something by Tuesday!
Hi
Brilliant, please let me know, because I would love to go to that area again,
xxSBxx
Cool hope we can get some info as all thomson would tell me was it a popular hotel and is better than the reef oasis.
Thomson call on Monday to say the rep in Sharm said that the hotel is all up and running apart from lift and hairdressers, there's no longer any builing work going on or anything.

The shuttle bus is operating 24/7 and they're offering buggys down to the beach 24/7 if required.

I'm off a week tomorrow so wish me luck!!!!! :roll: :lol:
Cool good luck and don't forget to post all info & any pics you can please.
There's as review on trip advisor now.

*Edit link leading to a kaftan ad removed , please provide direct link Briar
I hope you are having a good time.
Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort in Sharm
I'm seriously thinking of booking this hotel next year.
On the booking page it offers
1 Twin room (sleeps 2 people) Shower, WC, Balcony, Air conditioning, NO EXTRA CHARGE
2. Family room (sleeps 1-3 people) Shower, WC, Balcony, Air conditioning NO EXTRA CHARGE
3. Double family room (sleeps 2-3 people) Shower, WC, Balcony, Air conditioning EXTRA £56.00
4. Family junior suite (sleeps 2-3 people) Shower, WC, Air conditioning EXTRA £308.00
Those prices are for 2 people for 2 weeks.
Are any of them sea view rooms? I would gladly pay for that.
Any idea what the differerences are between the various rooms? I'm guessing number 1 has twin beds & number 3 a double?
What's number 4 the suite got that's so special?
I did read a review where someone said they had a room by the relaxation pool, that sounds nice. Would a room by the relaxation pool also have a sea view?
Be REALLY grateful for any advice anyone who has been there can offer me.
Thanks in advance
Kim
This is a thomson only hotel apart from the italians etc that go there, my rep in resort (just come back from the sonesta beach resort last monday) she raved about this hotel as its only just been built, but some parts they are still building. She said it was a/1, and absolutely gorgeous and quite posh.

Is it the a/c you are paying for? or the fact of the upgrade to the larger room?
Portland holidays part of the thomson group are coming out cheaper than thomson.
I'd like to pay for a sea-view!!!!!
But I can't find that option!!!!!

All rooms have A/C, not too bothered about room size.

But would rather a kingsize bed than 2 singles.

When you say "your rep", are you a travel agent?

So Brits from Thomsons & Italians!!!! At least no rude Russians.

Kim
Germans as well are at this Hotel. We fly out sun to this hotel & they are a lot of reviews on other websites.
just booked the reef oasis blue bay for november if anyone has any feed back or advice give me a shout, first time in Sharm too
English are in minority at the hotel having comeback yesterday. Its a fab hotel the staff are friendly. from what I could see no rooms had a sea view. some rooms were closer to the main block reception/resturants but these didn't have sea views either.
Are beach and pool towels provided at this hotel so i know whether to pack them.
Hi,
We were booked into the Louis Tiran Sharm, which will now not be ready for our June 08 holiday (pushed back till Oct/Nov 08, probably later!).
Anyway we are going to swap to the Reef Oasis Blue Bay. Thomson will give us a double family room (just the two of us), but if we want a junior suite its another £200 (we already had booked & so will be charged for the full sea-view room at the Louis Tiran Sharm!). So as there are no seaview rooms is it worth getting a junior suite. Not bothered about jacuzzis (if they have them!, give me a walk in shower anyday).
So any advice on what exactly we would get for our £200 gratefully recieved.
Can you tell me where in relation to the sea/beach & amienities both those types of rooms are? Is either of them nearer the seafront?

Are beach towels provided?
I think I read they included a soft drink minibar in the all inclusive, is this right?
Do they have tea/coffee making in the room? (or do I have to get the travel kettle out of the loft!).
I assume AirCon is included, are safety deposit boxes or are they extra?
I read somewhere that small bottles of water are extra, is this true? How petty of them would that be! We are practically teetotal so they do well on the like of us AI.
Are visits to the a la carte restaurants limited, if so how many would you get in two weeks?
And FINALLY & most importantly is the beach nice & are their lots of beds & brollys?

Thank you to anyone who has the patience to read this let alone reply.
Kim
I haven't been there myself, but have been researching it as thinking of booking. If you go to the website:
http://www.reefoasisresorts.com/index.aspx and click first on 'rooms' and then on'junior suite' you get photos of the two. Junior suite just seems to be a bigger seating area. Think I read on a review somewhere that someone didn't think they were worth the extra....

The website says there are kettles in the room, which is good.

Hope this helps a bit and someone comes along who has stayed there to help you. Have a good holiday!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.