Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help with a few questions:
The best room numbers to be close to the pool with the big slides (I`ve got a layout but can`t see the room numbers they are a bit blurry)
How long might it take to walk from this pool to the beach / restaurants which seem to be all around the beach area?
What is the dress code for evening in the buffet (appreciate it will be long trrousers for the men in the a la cartes) just wondering if smart shorts or 3/4 trousers are ok or if its long trousers.
Many thanks
Off to Sharm in June

Any ideas of how much a short (newbie) dive is?

Just to potter about near a coral reef, not out in the deep

Perhaps half a day. Recommendations of dive schools gratefully received.

We are staying in the Reef Oasis Blue Bay, I think they have a dive school attached, anyone used it.

http://www.reefoasisresorts.com:8080/english/bluebay/

Also heard there is a risk of jelly fish stings, is there a "season" for them.

What do you put on stings?

I've read that hydrocortisone cream is good?
Hi has Kim has now started another topic on the jelly fish stings, could members please answer there please to avoid duplication in the forum.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=118226 thanks Briar.

Ok so they can't answer about jelly fish.

But surely they can answer about the scuba diving school :que :cry
Yes of course they can Kim. What Briar is saying is if you ask duplicate questions across the board then we end up with 2 threads running and some members will reply in one topic and won't bother with the other thread. Best to keep all the information for one subject in one topic :tup
Been looking and all I can find is one name for hte dive school and that's Venta diving it's an Italian company

You may find them cheap enough for a try dive but a lot of the Italian companies try to get you to take SSI courses instead of PADI because it's cheaper for them and a lot of PADI dive centres in other areas of the world will not recognise the qualification
so be specific what you want

The hotel has a deep pool for try dives too
hi Kim .

just been looking and looks like its these people at your hotel http://www.divydive.com/
I dont know anything about them but would suggest droppuing them an email to check if its them on site and what they offer . whilst it is always easier to use the on site dive centre there will be plenty of choice in sharm . we have used sinai dive club http://www.dive-club.com and emperor http://www.emperordivers.com and can recommend either . I believe its about 50 euros for an introductory dive or you could do a discover scuba day which would probably be 80-90 euros .

lyn
lynwestie wrote:
hi Kim .

just been looking and looks like its these people at your hotel http://www.divydive.com/
I dont know anything about them but would suggest droppuing them an email to check if its them on site and what they offer . whilst it is always easier to use the on site dive centre there will be plenty of choice in sharm . we have used sinai dive club http://www.dive-club.com and emperor http://www.emperordivers.com and can recommend either . I believe its about 50 euros for an introductory dive or you could do a discover scuba day which would probably be 80-90 euros .

lyn

Hi Lyn
just checked out Divydive and the only thing they have on the hotel are the hotels own pictures ????

I would recommend Oonas divers too -- my dive club uses them so they have to be good as we have 5 star status
I plucked it from here Gray http://www.godiving.org/listing/diving-egypt.html their address is showing as Oasis blue bay. Also a review on the TA site names them .
AH that explains it

as far as I can find they are based at Reef Oasis but couldn't find them at the hotel run by Blue Bay
Hi,
hope someone can advise me on this.
We have booked through Thomson to go the the Blue Bay in a few weeks and had booked a family room which says in the brochure & website that 'family rooms have a seperate children's bedroom with an ensuite bath'.
I have recieved a letter today 'clarifying' that family rooms only consist of one room and do NOT have a seperate bedroom. As we have paid a £2pppn supplement I am not sure if I should be asking for that money back now?
Has anyone been there recently who had a family room and what was it like before I phone up (0871 of course!) and complain?
Darn them, I was getting really excited and now I'm stressing we are going to be a in shoebox for two weeks!
Many thanks, Angela
Hi Angela

I also recieved that letter.

We booked a double family room, not because we wanted a family room but because we didn't want twin beds. so we paid the extra to make sure we got a double rather than twin room.

I rang them, as I didn't understand why they would send us that (as we were only 2 pax expecting one room) & they explained, but it didn't apply to us.

Bit different for you.

But to be honest the supplement was so small you couldn't really expect a suite of rooms (more than 1 bedroom & 1 bathroom) for that money anyway.

I though we were buying a kingsized bed instead of twin, which it seems we were.

Bit odd that it says that on the web, maybe that is referring to the suites?
Just checked the brochure, you are dead right, it does say a family room is has a childrens bedroom & bathroom seperate.

Do you think you will get anywhere with it?
I know that the supplement isn't mega but it was what it said in the brochure & website.
I've tried searching for alterantive numbers but all the ones that get answered say to call back later or tomorrow. Because it was booked through the website the shops 'can't access my booking' and so are unable to help. Will keep trying.
Thanks for advice, any other comments greatly appreciated especially if you have just been.
Actually I think they are bang out of order, now I've had time to think about it.
The brouchure & web clearly states that you are paying for two bedrooms & two bathrooms.
To me it doesn't make a load of difference, I only ordered a family room because thats the only one that said it was a double, apart from the suites & they were a lot more again.

Do you think if we stuck to our guns they would give us all suites (as these DO have two rooms)? :cheers
Or tell us to bugger off & have our money back :cry
My boss says that as the call centre people probably don't give a s*** he's advised me to see what the room is like and then complain when I'm there. If you don't get anyhere then write to Thomson upon return and demand extra supplement money back. He's been to Sharm and says that the staff will do anything they can to help you.
Not sure if that's a riskier gamble, I've also emailed the hotel to ask what room I've been allocated but I've not had a reply back yet.
So many posts on here and on T. Advisor have had happy reviews from people who have had two bedrooms from the UK so they must have booked through Thomson too.

2 HOURS LATER -
I have phoned Thompson and the lady said that it been 'wrongly advertised' (in four brochures and the website!). She said the family room is just one room. When I asked about all the previous guests who appear to have had two rooms she said 'I don't have that information'.
The supplement is not been refunded as the only room in the hotel that does not require a supplement is a twin room which my party of three would not fit into and that I am paying for the bigger sized room. I responded by saying that I would be checking the size of my room against a normal twin and that that there had better be a substantial size difference or I will demanding the refund upon my return. She was quite happy with that as it got me off her back!
Will see if the hotel come back with anything different.
If you are taking 1 or 2 children in your room, I presume you are paying for them?
If you are paying for them, why should you also pay for a room to suit the size of people booked?

If you get two adults, then they get a standard twin room.....

If you get two adults & two kids, then they have paid for 2 adults & 2 kids, why should they pay extra for a room to fit the beds in for the people that have already paid to go?

Do you get where I'm coming from.

Now a seperate room for your kids with or without an ensuite is NOT the norm & you would expect a supplement.

But to book for 3 or 4 in one open bedroom & have to pay extra as well, seems a bit of a con?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.