Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
After much deliberation we have just booked to go to this hotel next may, and already i have mixed feelings! How can some people rate it so high, yet others say it was terrible :que . Has anybody been recently??? We have 2 children, 11 and 6 and believe that there are kids clubs there. Anyone rebooked to go back???? Pleeeeeassseee put my mind at rest :sun2
Thanks for that...i had checked those reviews, but also reviews on another site. I have booked a family room, on the understanding that it was 2 rooms, reading the comments here, it seems thats not the case. Could someone please clarify this?????
I am thinkin of booking this hotel for one week on the 25th September, 2009.

Please can somebody answer a few specific questions I have?

a) what is there for breakfast (ommlette/egg counter) scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage etc?

b) what kind of food is there? (salmon, steak, veg, hamburgers, fruit etc)

c) is there a dress code in the restaurants or is casual ok?

d) my partner loves going to the gym, on the pictures it looks like just treadmills, is there free weights and weight machines for men? does anyone have any pictures so i can see for myself?

e) can you go in the steam rooms/jacuzzis or do you have to pay extra?

f) deluxe room or standard?

many thanks in advance. i know its a lot to ask but it costs a lot and i want to make sure i make the right choice.

thank you so much,

Michelle
On the edge of booking this one but just a couple of questions.

Mum in her 80s will be travelling as a part of the party - not too mobile - where best to ask for her room to be located so she doesn't have to walk too far? She will be with sister and niece in a standard room

I will be with hubby and two boys 14 and 12.... now I am confused about the family rooms. What will we get in the 'family' rooms - without paying any extras... ?? Boys that age do not want to share a bed.... and I don't want to have to share with one of them either so I want them to have twin beds.

I noticed somewhere about a lift down to the beach and also about a mini bus that goes every 8 minutes? Does the lift exist? Is it from the hotel?

Think that is all I am worried about at the moment....!!
Can anyone advise of a good room to stay in! Have booked a family room for May 2010
I am due to go to this hotel mid July and am looking for some info. Can anyone recommend a good room to request for 2 adults & 1 child (10yrs). Does anyone have the email address for this hotel. What is the dress code when using the restaurants. Any other info will be very much appreciated. Thanks ! :tup
we stayed at this hotel in november 2009 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Rooms are really large ,food excellent. sorry do not have email address.Hotel was fully booked when we were there but never seemed crowded as rooms are spread out over immaculate grounds.As for the best rooms we were in one of the blocks near the pool but some people who had booked with Thomsons were complaining of a smell of sewage near their block which I think is near the entrance.
Can anyone tell me if there is a bank near the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa. Off there in 10 weeks and like to change my money in the bank when abroad or use an ATM as I usually get a better exchange rate this way. Thanks.
Hi all, just picked up on this topic. I've been to ROBB 3 times now and can't really fault it at all. It is really good and the staff are friendly. There is a change beauraux on site and a pharmacy should you need anything. Plus several gift shops.

Last December I filled in my feedback form on departure day and by the time I got home I had an email from the manager asking for a contact number so that we could discuss comments. Supplied this and he rang me the same day. I'd only said the entertainment wasn't as good as the previous year but he wanted a real good chat to get my opinions on what else they could do to better people's holiday.

I feel that the hotel offers excellent value and is a great big complex with a great beach and reef area. the food is good (for what you pay) and the staff are good. It's spotlessly clean and if you come across the smallest of problems, I feel sure the reception staff would sort it for you.
Hi does anyone know if a courtesy room is available on your departure day and how much it costs to keep your room until departure. Thanks
Stayed here last nov, its nice, altho suites are not suites just larger rooms, and we found that the fish resteraunts menu was repetative as was the italian and as we didnt like having to queue to get into the buffet and the seating wasnt to our liking and other [peoples idea of dressing for dinner was to say the least very lacking, (mainly russians) we spent most of our time in the italian , beach towels are provided on the beach, the beach staff are very friendly as are most of the staff, beach bus runs every 15 mins or so.
Drinks we found to be a bit lacking if you dont drink gin voddy or whiskey and the mixers are cheap versions. Entertainment is lacking but thats Egypt for you, we went because you can garuntee the weather. Overall it was nice holiday and the weather was fab
Just to add for anyone else booking try to get rooms at the front of the resort (beach end) as there is a smell of sewage at the back (I think they have their own plant as when I was on the bus going past they were raking it over).
Dont use the tobacconist either they charge what they like, one day I paid £5 for a pack of 20 the next they were £6! The pharmacy is very helpful but again everything seemed to cost £45 egyptian (£5 sterling) even the fly spray and a small pack of paracetamol!
My one complaint was the quantity and price of imported drinks, a Tia Maria costs £5 sterling and you get a sipfull!
Hi does anyone know if the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort & Spa Hotel offer a shuttle bus to Naama Bay and how much does it cost ? Also how much for a taxi from ROBB to Naama Bay ? Thanks !
Hi there, yes there is a courtesy bus which is just about £2. It runs twice daily - around 10.00 am and 6.00 p.m. There is a concierge who will book a taxi for you. I've never used them but heard they were about a fiver.

Hope that helps.
e mail address for Reef Oasis Blue Bay anyone please
bejay choose the relevant one from -

Reservations Department bluebay.rd@reefoasis.com.eg
Information info.bluebayresort@reefoasis.com.eg
Guest Relations beachresort.gr@reefoasis.com.eg
staying at this hotel instead of the sensatori...

Is there any nightlife close to this hotel?

Anyone know how much a taxi will cost from the airport to here etc...

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.