Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi

Off to the Reef Oasis Blue Bay on Thursday, am still unsure as to the dress code for men in the buffet restaurant in the evening. Some say long some say 3/4 ok! e`mailed hotel one reply said long and another said only a la carte.

Can anyone who has recently been please help?

Thanks
We are off there too in June 22. Perhaps you would be kind enough to tell me when you get back :cheers

I "think" its long for a la carte & just smart (ie 3/4 would be fine) for the buffet. But I could be wrong.

We are going for two weeks & I got hubby 4 pairs or really light long chino type things & 4 pairs of the same but 3/4 length.
I`ve just got mine 2 pairs long linen but he has some really nice 3/4 which I am hoping he can wear - don`t want to be packing clothes just for a `visit` though as they take up valuable luggage space.

Hope someone will come along who has just been and be able to adivse. I`ll let you know when I get back.
I would take them, I'm pretty sure I read you can use 3/4 in the buffet.

We are going for two weeks, hence 4 pairs.

How long you off for?

Can you imagine a woman packing four evening outfits for a two week hol :rofl
Hi,

Only going for the half term week, wish it was longer. (think I did things the wrong way round should have gone to Holiday Village now and Blue Bay for 2 weeks in August! oh well we live and lean!)

Still not packed! suppose it will come together tomorrow or Tuesday.
Hi,

Just got back, fantastic hotel = am a little tired after our drive home from East Midlands Airport in the early hours.

Well we went armed with every type of trouser and short known to man... a few wore long trousers but not that many... so was a little narked we had rushed out to buy them and then carted them half way around the world! hubby wore smart 3/4 trousers or smart shorts in the buffet at night - anything goes at breakfast and in the lunch buffet. He wore his 3/4 trousers in the Italian and Fish A la Carte restaurants. (as in all hotels some nationalities ignor all suggestions on proper dress code and wore whatever they liked in the buffet in the evening - some looking like they had just rolled in off the beach - some Russians ... well it was a delight to see their fashion choice all I can say is `amazing`)

I tended to stick with linen trousers and smart top or nice skirt and vest type top (during the evenings)

It is rather hot out there at the moment.

Will be back with more info over the next few days, but please ask away about anything else you would like to know.
Wow Katiesmum

Glad you enjoyed it. What room did you have? We have booked a double family room (that was only a little extra) a suite was a lot more. Was your room near the sea or at the back?
Did you get any tummy bugs?
Did you eat out at all, I think I will have to go to the Hard Rock at Sharm, but we are there for 2 weeks.
Did you scuba or just snorkle? Is the sea warm, I bet it is! I'm a bit worried about scuba diving, worried I will see a shark/baracuda/stingray/morayeel/ANYTHING :yikes

Did you get into the a la cartes easy, how far in advance could you book? Any limits on how many times you could go? Is there dishes in the a la carte you can pay extra for? (I'm sure I've read there is) If there is were they very expensive? (I'm sure I saw a post complaining about that).

Did you do any trips?

Finally, did you have a great holiday :cheers
I`ll answer all tomorrow, really tired just off to bed! and I thought hols were to relax you??
Hi kimevans,

We had room 6247 which overlooked the slides and leisure pool - which was were we requested because we knew Katie would want to spend most of the day on the slides! It had a kingsize bed and soft type bed for Katie, both very cumfy. It took about 5 mins to walkt to reception or 754 steps counted by Katie!!

None of us were ill (I was a little worried after being so ill last year at the Savita)

I don`t do any kind of `water things` that involves putting my head under water. Hubby did snorkling - loads of fish. There was a sighting of somke kind of small shark one day whilst we were having lunch.

We wend to Fish Restaurant but weren`t struck. The Italian was lovely and we went 3 times, it was very peaceful compared to the buffet and it was nice to be waited on. If you are with Thomsons there is no limit on the number of times you can go. We found that you really need to give 48 hours notice to get the time you want, but it was half term. (you book with a lady sitting in reception) there are some dishes on each menu you can pay for I think the dearest was about 18euro.

Sorry didn`t do any trips - we are so lazy on holiday and it was very hot.

Slides open each day 10 - 12 and 3 - 5pm they are very safe lifeguard at top and bottom.

Sunbeds went quite early at leisure pool.

You get kicked out of your room at 12 noon on day you leave, and have to give towel cards etc back even though most flights dont leave hotel until 3`ish. It cost $44 to keep room which we did as it meant we didn`t have to leave pool etc until 2`ish.

Hotel is really nice you won`t be disappointed, grounds lovely, rooms big and spotless - shower in bathroom was brill as it wasn`t in a compartment.

There are some shops on the complex and a chemist and bank.

Night time entertainment was rubbish, sorry can`t think of anything good to say about any of it.... and the pools not very warm, but thats the only downside in my opinion.

Ask away if you want to know anything else.

Helen x
who did you all book with ive heard this hotel is fab - am looking for two weeks in the region of £700 pp any help???
HI

I booked thru Portland they were cheaper than Thomsons
I'm off Sunday week.

I think its about 45 over there at the mo :tongue

Hubby will be moaning.

Thanks for review.

Do they have shampoo & shower gel in dispencers in the bathrooms?
Was it nasty stuff or decent stuff?

How was the mozzie situation?

I've got two bites on my right leg & I haven't left the UK yet, I don't even normally get bit much!
I'm sure I seen a mozzie in my house 2 nights ago & one again the night before that.
Hi

Didn`t see any mozzies when we were there, but we do spray with Jungle Formula Extra Strength each evening before going out.
There was a little bottle of shampoo, shower gel and body lotion but I didn`t like the stuff in them it smelt and felt a bit cheap so we used our own,
Hope you have a great time
Thanks for that.

I never normally use the hotels (I'm fussy about my toiletries). But last year in the Aegean Dream in Turgutreis they had Dove & Lux and were really nice.

Mind you I've got the "premier" weight allowance this holiday, so I don't need to worry about weight so much.
We are booking for the blue bay next year, however we cant work out how long each day the AI applies for.

Most hotels say minimum 12 hours a day but the brochure doesnt mention this for the blue bay, which suggests it might be 24 hour.

Does anyone who has been recently know which applies at the blue bay?

Many Thanks
Think its 24 hours, there is a bistro/bar that stays open all the time.
Visited ROBB Nov last year for 14 days, had a fantastic time this hotel is top class, AI is 24 hour although the Bistro bar is the only place you can get food through the late night. The hotel is fully AI so no wrist bands or anything silly like that. Staff are fantastic and so friendly. Food is really good 5 or 6 differents places you can eat every night all AI. Some of the restaurants (French, Italian and Fish) require booking 24 hours before, but this isnt a problem. The hotel has its own beach and the snorkelling just 10 metres of the beach is unbelievable and must not be missed, all you need is a snorkel and a face mask, less than £10 from JJB before you go. Had such a fantastic time we booked again for this Nov and cant wait. You will have a great time this place has it all! :sun2
Hi

Chnaged my mind found some bad reviews of other hotel looking to stay here has anyone esle stayed?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.