General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
No......... but when we used to holiday on the costa brava i always wanted to go and watch a football game at Barcelona but could never get tickets .
Not been to any concerts or gigs abroad yet. However, have been to the opera in Verona, which is an amazing experience. I'm not even a big opera fan, but do like Carmen, which was showing the weekend I went. Also saw Aida which has fantastic staging.
We went to hear a string quartet in the cathedral in Rovinj, Croatia, one evening.
The music was very good, and it was well-attended, but what we hadn't bargained for, was that since the cathedral is at the top of the hill in the walled town, it was boiling hot, having been in the sun all day!
We took our shoes off and cooled our bare feet on the stone floor. :oops:
In the interval we were chatting to the English couple in front of us, and they said that the last time they had been to a concert on holiday was to a church in Prague in winter, when it was freezing!
Yes, I went to a concert in Prague in February one year, and everyone was muffled up in coats and scarfs in this small church - it was lovely and very atmospheric.
Yes, I went to a concert in Prague in February one year, and everyone was muffled up in coats and scarfs in this small church - it was lovely and very atmospheric.

;) Was the church virtually opposite Charles Bridge in Prague? If so that was the same church we went to - string quartet - Vivaldi - Four Seasons.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.