General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I have done it only once in Cyprus....however since work have given me a netbook, I am thinking of taking that to Krakow in May (since I will be alone for nearly a week!) to write a journal and log on to speak to family if I can manage the technical challenge of doing that outside of my own house.......
I can not do with out a go on the computer when Im on holiday. Scared of missing out on anything.
I wll confess to logging on - but just the once while I'm away. When we spent a weekend in Tallin we had unlimited access in our room, so I logged on, on a couple of occasions. I normally log on if Shirley h is with me, otherwise I don't usually bother, unless there's a topic running which is of particular interest to me.
If I'm on holiday in the UK or Germany I often have my lap top with me so I do log on then.
On holidays to other countries don't normally take the laptop so will pay to log on somewhere to check on my return flight and emails, though nowadays depending on airline any changes will be sent to my mobile phone.
We take our laptop with us and will log on at least once a day,our son(17) was in Florida with his girlfriend and her parents whilst we were in Turkey and we arranged to MSN at certain times and be able to see each other on the webcams.It made it so much easier for us,being able to see and speak to him several times during his 3 weeks away.
No never.

Except one occassion last year where I went to an internet cafe to get my bank's details so I could call them.
Have never logged on when away. I sometimes get the urge if I walk past the computers, but it passes quickly ;) As much as I love my computer I am on holiday and its a break from the norm. Computers and internet are part of my everyday life. Mind you, when I get back, the kettle goes on almost at the same time as the laptop :tup
I wouldn't dream of taking my laptop on holiday with me as I have far better things to do when I'm on holiday- sunbathe, swim, eat, drink etc. However, if Helen is with me and we need a break from the sun we might go to reception and pay something small to use the internet for a short period of time. We only log in here and maybe send an e-mail home.
I don't have a laptop and I don't have an all singing dancing phone - although it does connect to the net, but it's slow and no I wouldn't be bothered with that. I don't log on to the PC via the Hotel or whatever can't think of a reason I would want to
Never!! Got to get away from anything that reminds me of work and everyday life. But, after seeing our phone bill from ringing home from the Dom Republic, to check on the animals and also get my birthday wishes (I had a big birthday while I was away) perhaps we should of logged on to keep in touch!!
Only if I need to check return flight details - the rest can wait!
We take a laptop and log on once a day especially when we went to Canada as we were doing a blog of our travels
Maybe lof on once if I am in a busy place and it has an internet cafe. Havent for my last three holidays, but did on a couple of holidays in Turkey, jus tto get out of the sun. Never take a laptop though.
I think it can depend on what type of holiday you are on, I often holiday solo and although I will go into a restaurant for an evening meal on my own I rarely go into bars and often will spend time in my room in the evening. When there is internet access in the room I would be definitely use it if I have my lap top with me. In past years I always found an internet cafe or used the hotel business centre on arrival to let my OH know that everything was OK, nowadays texts from my mobile take care of this.
only once a week [thats all the Pendle witch will allow]
If there is free or cheap internet access then we will log on to check our emails etc but otherwise we wouldn't bother. We found web access very useful when we were on our recent DIY holiday to Malta - it allowed us to check directions and make dinner reservations etc. We might take our laptop away in the UK but I doubt we'd ever take it abroad.
went to an internet cafe while i was in goa last nov, just the once tho, but i will be talkin either my very small laptop or my ipad with me this year, thats if i can find out if i need a dongle or something to get on net with . maybe someone will advise me on this issue thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.