General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I always use aftersun with insect repellant.
The only time I get a "sweat on" with it , is if I put it on straight after a hot shower.
I do but I could probably get away with using my normal moisturiser
When I remember, I use aftersun that has a bit of self tan in it. I don't burn easily though so I often forget or can't be bothered!
I'm so lazy it takes me all my time to put my sunscreen on. I always wish it could be applied via the shower spray :rofl I do try to muster the effort to use it though :tup
I used Piz Buin Aftersun with tan intensifier last year and had the best tan ever.
I dont sit in the sun much and use factor 30f-50f but after having my first ever Turkish bath I used this lotion and will certainly use it again.
Its on offer at Savers at the moment for £4.99.
I only use Piz sun stuff Jay will have to pop to Savers :tup
I am the same Fiona if I use a lotion after sun I end up sweating so now use boots liquid spray one find it much better although I don't use it on face. For my face I use a light moisturiser but don't put it on until I go bed.
Going back to my laziness when I go in the bath I use a dash of baby oil as a moisturiser.
Yes I always use it, also seem to buy a new bottle every year and then end up within cupboards full if bottles with a quarter left that I don't like to throw out because it seems wasteful (what's that all about?)

I normally get soltan with insect repellant if i remember but I buy a separate mosi spray as well and smother it over my legs and ankles as we are always in outdoor restaurants late at night and I would get eaten alive without it.

I must smell charming with all those chemicals on me :rofl :rofl
I always use sun cream, but hubbie has never used it, he had a mole removed thurs past, and its not looking good, so now I think hes regretting it, but it could be to late for him, we are praying the test will come back clear, but the doc don't think it will, we are goin to tunsisa in 6 days im praying he will let me put some on him. but cant see it happening, will keep you all posted on the results of the test.
Tammie
I hope the results are all clear. In the meantime, best to contact your holiday insurance providers. He is awaiting test results and if you don't declare this you might invalidate your insurance.
My husbands the same Tammie won't wear sun cream, he says it's "Too sticky & clarty". He works outside all year too &, despite all the bad weather his arms & face are already brown.

I am really sorry to hear of your husband. Please let us know his results.
Oh no Tammie I'm so hoping it comes back ok :(

We don't really bother with after sun, if they have it available on the plane going out we get the lancaster in the orange tube, smells gorgeous but £20 for a small tube.

We normally use skin so soft dry oil spray keeps bugs away and moisturises.
Tammie,I am sorry to hear about your husband but as someone who has had numerous moles and papillomas removed over the last few years I always wear 30F here in the UK and 50F abroad.
I have 2 new ones that need seeing to but I am waiting until my slight tan fades from my holiday in Malta as I get told off if I have even the slightest hint of a tan.
My husband is very very fair and burns easily.He uses sun cream and thinks he is using 15F but I have put 30F in this bottle and he is none the wiser. :rofl
My dermatologist told me anything less than 15F is a complete waste of money. :really
Please try and persuade your husband to use sun protection.Some are very light and easy to apply especially the ones in a spray.
That's devious JT :rofl Hope he doesn't read HT!
He wont! He did wonder why I was using "his" 15F on my face when we were in Malta though. :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.