General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Yes. We use it quite a bit actually. We do have a meal out and a wander around resort and then maybe go to the kids disco for my daughter but then we like to get her in bed at a reasonable time so we will have a drink on our balcony every night once she is asleep. We always have breakfast in the morning sat outside as well. I love my balcony and its one of the things that I always request.

Last year we didnt have a table, just 2 chairs on the balcony, and it was amazing how much I missed it. :)
We used to use our balcony when the boys were young and we would sit outside after they had gone to bed having a drink, playing cards and a chat - planning the next day etc. :D
As they got older they sometimes joined us.
Always use the balcony. Usually have a last drink out there before bed. Always sit out there before breakfast and while hubby is having a shower early evening. Oh yes,and have a coffee out there late afternoon before I shower. Sounds like I spend all holiday out there :rofl
We always use the balcony, this is me last year waiting for hubby
http://s2.postimage.org/194w8742s/crete_2010_023.jpg
depending on what time we are going out of an evening we always go back to the apartment and sit on the balcony with a glass or two a read of book/papers a nap and then its all rush to get showered and dressed to go out , we never stay in of an evening and once back from our night out we dont venture on to the balcony for a night cap
We use ours :tup We usually go for accommodation that has a sea view as I love to sit and watch/listen to the sea :sun2
i love sitting on the balcony for a few minutes in the morning in the peace and quiet, then we use it in the evening after we have had dinner and a walk about or after we have listened to a wee bit of entertainment, we have a drink and some snacks, it's a nice end to our day xphx.
If we're self catering we'll use it for breakfast on a couple of mornings (go out for brekkie the rest of the time). When our sons were young we'd sit out there in the evening once they'd gone to bed but since it's just us now we don't use it for nightcaps. I will sit out there with my book late afternoon while hubby takes a siesta before showering for the evening.
When I was on the last cruise I had a balcony and loved it, the sun beating down and the sea breeze, did not go out late at night somehow sitting on the balcony over the sea in the dark was too scary for me. On land holiday I use a balcony also to sit out take in the surroundings and enjoy it.
Yes its part of being away for me, also like Glynis listen and watch the sea, or in Benidorm take in the wonderful skyscrapers :)
We didn't used to use it much, just for a quick coffee in the morning, & I'd ocasionally go out for a read when huuby had a nap. Last year in Lassi we used it much more. We used to buy a nice bottle of wine in the supermarket, light the citronella candle and sit for an hour at the end of the day. I don't know if it's an age thing, but we did find last year that we were going back to the room earlier, and this was a lovely way to end the day. I also used it a lot in Sharm this Easter. Our friends were next door, so we often sat out for a chat late afternoon. I was also out there with a cappuchino early in the morning, when the place was just coming awake - a lovely time of day.
Yes we use ours. We have just returned from holiday and whilst the rest of the family were still in bed i sat out on the balcony at 6am reading my book-the sun was already hot, staff started to arrive for their day at work. It was so peaceful and a loverly way to start the day. I also sit out there just before i go to bed, its just 10 mins where i sit and relax and appreciate how lucky i am to be on holiday and also think about the next day and what we may do.

:sun2
most of our holidays these days are on dive liveaboards and we dont have a balcony at all..I dont miss it it as we have a top deck/sun deck/lounge deck and a dive deck...

when we were in hotels and the kids were younger, it was nice to sit on the balcony and chill once the kids were in bed.
Having a shave in the morning on the balcony and taking my shirt off as I get ready for bed and going out on the balcony and feeling warm makes me feel I am really on holiday as this would never happen at home
our balcony was amazing in icmeler last year we were on a ground floor and we would get up on a morning and go and order a hot chocolate and just sit for ages, the room was small so this was ideal, we are going back this year and requested the same room, also because we have 3 kids its nice to play cards with the kids and sit and talk as well.
One of the best views from a balcony I've had.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2039/kassiopi.jpg
We use our balcony at the house in Cyprus all the time.. we have them on each bedroom and I love it! This year we are going in a hotel for summer as we are moving house in September and I will lounge around on the balcony as much as I can. As the girls are used to the heat they don't usually sleep on the balcony but if they do then they wont have one bite on them from mozzies!? Must be the Greek blood ha ha ha!

CourtneeLouise xx
we always use our balcony as we dont smoke in our rooms (dont even smoke in my house) so always sit out with a cig and a drink.
Our balcony this year will be looking out on the main kalamaki road, will still sit out there but maybe not so much in my pjs or towel after a shower ;) :rofl
Are you there the same time as us Lancslass if so we'll give you a wave when we pass :tup ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.