Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
to be honest i would not know why anyone would want to take their pet to egypt,when are you thinking of going?the summer is incredibly hot!!!!!!the winter is still very hot.add to that most visitors to egypt end up with an upset tummy and the runs.how would you feel if your dog ended up ill,i have a dog and honestly,egypt is not for pets,veterinary services are few and far between,dogs are not high on the priority list for ordinary egyptians who are struggling to get thru life.honestly,dont take your dog to egypt
I just wonder where you would be coming from to bring a dog?
Isn't there a problem with quarantine, risk of distemper, rperhaps even rabies etc.
thank god for that,i had visions of someone from britain taking an unsuspecting old english sheepdog to egypt, :rofl ,only kidding,hope ive not caused any offence.
Yeah, that's OK.
We've seen 'locals' with their dogs at the Coral Hilton in Nuweiba.
Just got back from12 lovely days in Sharm, thanks for all your replies. Yes, I live in Cairo so my dogs are well adjusted to life here etc. Here's what I found out there:

Domina Coral Bay hotels accepts dogs - when we called them before we left they told us they do. I asked my husband to call and double check and some idiot told us dogs can only be kept in the "garden', so we asked if this garden has a fence he said no (of course I wouldn't leave my dogs out in an unfamiliar garden anyway but I wanted to know the logic behind his comment). Anyway to cut a long story short dogs are allowed in Domina just not in the reception area and restaurants. Because of the misinformation we received we rented an apartment so we didn't get to go to Domina :sad

Kris or Chris apartments accepts dogs, as do some apartment complexes. The information I got from Hilton was that you can take a dog that is less than 5 kilos and that you can't let it out of the room (?!) Didn't go to any of the Hiltons so not sure if that is correct or not.

There is a lot of poisoning (strychnine) that goes on in Sharm so if you do take your pet be very, very careful! We had a lovely time in the Nabq nature reserve with the dogs, but didn't feel comfortable taking them anywhere else. As some of you may know Egypt is not the most dog friendly of places.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.