Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
There are some topics on Trip advisor about the Dolphins and some photos. :cry
The Sun newspaper did an article on it yesterday.
I joined the Face book protest a while ago and up to this moment the owners havent got the licence to open it. :tup
Sorry, I've had to remove part of your post due to potentially libellous content. Dazbo HT Mod
OMG!!! That is awful! We were going to go swim with the dolphins this time but with my daughter being poorly we decided to wait until next time we go, maybe I will have to rethink that one!

I swam with them in Cuba and it is still at the forefront of my mind, (it was 9 years ago) what a fabulous experience, I want my children to have the same experience but not somewhere like that! :(

Love Nikki
I think most dolphins in captivity are stolen from the wild. Many of them are from the waters around Japan and are subjected to horrendous cruelty. So for every dolphin you swim with anywhere in captivity others will have died and the families of those captured will be grieving for them. Dolphins need to live with their pods and be able to swim many km's every day and catch live food. Dolphins anywhere in captivity cannot do this. Please do not support this cruel attraction. Nothing gives man the right to imprision these creatures for entertainment or so called therapy.
yes well said JMK, The Sun have ran another article today about this, and the facebook group keeps growing daily,lets hope this awful situation is sorted very soon,surely no sensible person would go and pay to swim with them anyway .
just have a look at the video's on facebook or you tube they are so distressed just bobbing up and down :cry for you tube just type in search olu deniz dolphins
If everyb ody looks on the discussion page on The Facebook page 'Free the Olu Deniz Dolphins'. You will find lots of e mails that you can copy and paste and send to the frelevant Government departments involved

Thanks
Lin
:tup
Thanks Maverick - all e mail boxes are choked with the messages! Back to back messages works wonders for getting their attention!
:cheers
protest march in hisaranu tomorrow evening.if you can attend/ buy one of the t shirts as well.
they held a protest in Hisaronu later today,the photos are on face book,what a fantastic turn out,lets hope these dolphins get the life they deserve soon.
I have looked at facebook group just now and it looks like the campaign is working, they are getting nearer to being freed.
The campaign to 'FREE' Misha & Tom has worked!! Tests from the Ministry of Health have proved that it is not 'FIT' for people to swim in!! IT WILL NEVER BE GIVEN A LICENCE TO OPEN!!!! Tests are now being done to see if it is even fit for Misha & Tom to live in!!!!
:wave: :cheers :wave:
Thats great news Linda :tup
I have been following the progress on Calis Beach Forum.The photos of the protest and the speech made by the lawyer brought tears to my eyes. :cry
Now how do we get the Dolphins released from the pen in Icmeler/Marmaris :que
Jay Trip wrote:
Now how do we get the Dolphins released from the pen in Icmeler/Marmaris :que

Hopefully as soon as possible - a woman I know vaguely has just been boasting on her Facebook page about her and her daughter swimming with them. Husband and I walked past the pen at the hotel between Icmeler and Marmaris and it's actually shocking to see just how small it is. I wanted to go up to the people with kids who were queueing up to see them and tell them just how cruel and evil it is...
Lat October when we walked to Marmaris from Icmeler we saw a sign advertising a swim with the dolphins for stress therapy. :que
There was a man at the booth where the tickets are sold but I think he was keeping an eye on the Dolphins.
I asked him why he didnt do stress therapy for the dolphins as they are stressed more than us humans as we are not imprisoned!
He just shrugged his shoulders pretending not to understand,He didnt look Turkish as he had fair hair.
I am back in October and hope by then there is a protest group formed to free these Dolphins. :tup I blame the tourists wanting to swim with the Dolphins as these places wouldnt exist if there wasnt demand for them. :que
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.