Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi, :wave:
I am sure you will have others on this forum giving you suggestions/recommendations
We are regulars 6th visit coming up at the beginning of May, staying at the Iberostar Costa Dorada and their quality of food is excellent, my hubby who is a fussy eater just loves the food here, so if he loves the food it is a recommendation in itself. Grounds are exceptional, kept very clean, beach lovely, staff always cleaning up after guests that are not so thoughtful and leave rubbish behind instead of putting in bins allocated on the beach. Maids do a brilliant job in the rooms.
All staff very friendly and helpful, cant do enough for you as a guest to make your holiday perfect.
There is a kids club which is well run and the children seem to throughly enjoy themselves.Many games on the beach also, with the entertainment team for adults and children.Also they have a mini disco and entertainment for kids before the adult night time entertainment begins in the theatre area.
If you have any specific questions about ICD then dont hesitate to ask.
Hope this helps so far.
Angie :)
Thanks Angie, funny this is that the Iberostar is the hotel I already had my eye on given the Grand Ventana is the complex next door so I've sen a bit of the hotel already, coupled with the excellent reviews I've read I'm now sold.

Probably booking with the Caribbean Warehouse in the next fews days. One thing I was wondering was whether there is prefered part of the hotel accomodcation wise I should be looking to secure in advance ?

Many thanks
Marc
Hi Marc,
Would you like a Pool View which is central in the resort, short walk to Buffet Restaurant, near to the pool, Lobby Bar and a short walk to the beach, I can give you the No. Block to request or do you want an Ocean View, this has a slightly longer walk to Buffet Restaurant, Lobby Bar and Theatre area.
Mind you this is not a vast resort so walking distance to different areas does'nt take long at all.
If you want the email address I can give you that also and the person to contact.

Angie.
If you fancy giving the other side of the island a try I can recommend the Sirenis Tropical and the Bavaro Princess. Both offer suites, great food, fantastic beach and pools and plenty to do for the young ones.
We were at the Princess in September and my grandson aged 7 was among many children chosen to be in the main evening show, The Lion King, it made his holiday. :)
On the North Coast try the 'Grand Oasis Marien'. (Exeptional food and excellent value for money),or in the South try 'Dreams La Romana'. (was called 'Casa Del Mar',its set on the Caribbean).

Next stop - The Sirenis Tropical Suites in April. :tup
We are just back from the Bahia Principe Bavaro and it was wonderful, first class food, room and everything would go back tomorrow.
Thanks for responses. Going to stick with the Iberrostar for May.

Angie, tried to PM you re the contact details for the resort rather than continue on the forum but I don't seem to have this facility :que If you could email me at *** it would be much appreciated.

Best regards
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2009-01-05 09:01:10
    Email removed to protect member from Spam mail. Please use the forum for information.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.