General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Try costa brava, pineda, sitges, barcalona, or maybe south of france, southern spain in august(where I am going) is 100 degrees, but north spain should be a tad cooler... ;)
Brussels. Great place. Maybe not if you have kids...
Canary Islands will be hot but will have a nice Atlantic breeze (especially Lanzarote or Fuerteventura) :wink:
kazza36 wrote:
Try costa brava, pineda, sitges, barcalona, or maybe south of france
We went to Lloret de Mar (Costa Brava) in August a few years ago and it was very hot, humid and particularly uncomfortable in the evenings!
Last year we went to Ierapetra in Crete in August and having been boiled alive in the Med in previous summers (Turkey, Ibiza etc) I was quite worried about it being too hot, however Ierapetra has a lovely sea breeze and I found the heat most pleasant and bearable there.
Thanks for the suggestions. Canary Islands looks good. Booked up for a week in October to Istanbul, but would like a beach and a little sunshine before then!
Somewhere like the Italian or Austrian Alps might fit the bill. We love the mountains as although it's warm in summer it's not oppressive and the air is fresh. Lake Garda has lots of resorts, some with beaches.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.