France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi, Giddygoat. We have stayed at this campsite 3 times and enjoyed it each time, although being in Brittany the weather has never been great when we have been. Our last visit to this site was 2 years ago.Plenty of nice beaches, towns/villages in the area.
This year we stayed with Haven at Le Boise Masson in the Vendee, again another good site, but was a little dissapointed with the evening entertainment. You also have the use of it's sister site, Le Boise Dormant, which is just accross the road, and is a little bit quieter. After a week here, we then travelled down to stay at La Carrabasse at Vias Plage. Brilliant site and definately our favourite with a fantastic swimming pool.A five minute walk from the site is the Canal du Midi and, in the other direction, is the village and beach. Also lots of places around and about for good days out.

Degs.
Hi we stayed here last september and its a nice site, only downside is the site is huge and in Peak Season i would not fancy the swimming pool area as you would be swamped with kids as its not big enough for the site. a car is essential as you`re miles from the beaches.
This site is close to the town of Pont Aven which is worth a visit, we took a boat trip along the river as well.
Campsite Bar and restaurants were NOT cheap and were empty when we were there.
Haven are a very good company BTW.

We`re off to Benodet in to a site used by Eurocamp called "Camping du Port de Plaisance" which is right next to a beach and the town is an easy walk from the campsite. Means i can have a drink and not have to worry about driving back.

Our Ferry choice would be LD Lines due to excellent price.

*Edit to remove potentially libellous comment. Pippy*
I used to own a chalet at Le Pouldu called Camping Le Quinquis. It was a nice little site owned by an english couple.

They rent out caravans and maybe some tents-it might be worth looking them up.

I really miss it. I used to love going to Pont Aven, Quimper, Quimperle all the lovely beaches-heaves big sigh!

The people there were so friendly too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.