Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Without wanting to sound negative In my experience you will struggle to find the "excellent" 5 star food and amenities in the Dominican Republic.

Its not a bad place , has beautiful beaches etc and they try hard but its cheaper than many of the caribbean islands for a reason ;)

If you want a top end holiday then I would suggest one of the more up market islands.
Hi Michelle ... regarding your intrest in booking Iberostars in Punta Cana I would definitely go for the Bavaro. My husband son and myself stayed here a couple of years back and it was far superior to the IB* Punta Cana/Dominica. All the rooms in the IB*Bavaro are suites, there is a lovely swim up bar and u can use all the facilities of the other two hotels if u wish, whereas they cannot use the facilites of the Bavaro side. Definitely worth the extra bit of money. If you have any more questions please dont hesitate to ask. :cheers
Hi Dinner Lady,

Thanks for your response.

What sort of activities can I exepct? What sort of food do they have seafood or steak? Has the Bavaro got the paella/bbq grille on the beach? what food do they do on the grille?

we are definitely booking this one so thank you for your comments.

Does it have jacuzzis etc?

thanks again,

can't wait to book!

Michelle
Hi Michelle

In answer to your questions..... There was always loads of choice of lobster, steak and other seafood in the buffet of an evening.... there are activities on all day from around 10 am thru until around 6pm you can join in as many as you like shooting archery, horseshoes,bingo, petanga, salsa dancing, keep fit.... the list was endless.

There was a bar-be-que/grill by the beach on which they did a mean paella (which was full of lobster, shrimp and assorted seafood) they also had seperate griddle area for steaks/chicken and burgers etc....

Whilst we were there we did go for a wander next door to see what it was like and it seemed nice just not quite as exclusive, no swim up bar, more families and more racous around the pool.

As a guest of the Bavaro you could use the Punta Cana/Dominica facilities if you wished but they were not allowed to use the Bavaro side.

If you have any more questions please dont hesitate to ask :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.