Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
:wave hi we had a one bedroomed app ,it has twin beds.the apartments are ok there are four nice pools.it is a good 15 min walk into pdc.but taxies are plentiful. phone from recption and they are there in minutes. :wave
was being renovated last sept in sections. paco is a really good size good for kids. a fair walk to bus stop Paco is in quiet area of matagorda plenty of places to go . enjoy , wellington
shit, i presume the renovation is all done?
mostly but clients were put well away from the work
Has anyone stayed in these apartments?
they are in playa des la pocillos

IS there an official website for them?

Im heading there with my girlfriend on July 17th and just wondering what they are like, looked nice in brochure but sure dont they all :D

What are shops like over there(clothes electronics) and what are the laws on taking stuff back?

What are prices like?
hi event
here is their website.
http://www.donpacocastilla.com

i stayed at theese appartments in 2000. they are in playa des la pocillos, but are more towards matagora.we had a 1 bedroom app there are four swimming pools spread around 4 blocks .good onsite supermarket and resturant.

i have also pm'd you.
not bad we had an upper floor apartment 2 bedrooms with a nice lon balcony that got the sun from 3pm onwards, we had a small pool in front of us and a tennis court, there was a security gate to our right which allows quick access to Los pocillos beach, approx 5 min walk but this was closed at night around 2200hrs for security which means if you are walking back from PDc, or matagorda pocillos you will have a 15 min walk around the perimeter fence. Try eating at the Sports bar which is in the small commercial centre outside your hotel, its now called Offshore, the food is excellent and the lads behind the bar, Paul and Dave are great company, if you go there tell them Geordie Mick and Jackie from Newcastle will be there in November.
I stayed in June 05. Ground floor appartment . On my own and it was very good accomodation. I didnt spend much time threre as my parents were there in another place and I visited them most of the time so didnt use the pools at all. I did have a snack in a poolside snack bar and this was OK

They seemed to have a lot of evening entertainment. There were two supermarkets on site, and a room with 4 Pcs with internet access .

Very clean.

Note though that if anyone is in a wheelchair this would be a problem. While there are plenty of walkways to get around the site (maybe the long way round but you can do it). In the room the toilet doors are not wide enough to allow wheelchair access. Pity because the other doors are wide and the toilets quite big.

Also the entertainment is in the basement with no wheelchair access and the main on site restaurant is down a very big flight of steps with no wheelchair access. There are NO LIFTS anywhere as far as I could tell.

I mention this as my dad is wheelchair bound and he tried to get in the toilet once when he visited me and couldnt, and we did spend quite a time seeking out wheelchair accessable places. But unfortunatley the whole resort is not very wheelchair friendly with high cubrs and very few ramps

For my own purposes as an abled bodied person I would go back again.
cheers lads

going on 17th, looking forward to it
you'll have a great time. Loads to do in Lanzarote. 8) 8)

Wish I was there :(
Hi,

I stayed at these apartments a couple of years ago, they are pretty basic, but pleasant. The swimming pools are ok but not very big, there is plenty to do in the town (puerto del Carmen I think it was called), pubs, bars and shops as the entertainment in the on site bar was not up to much and I'm sure it was repeated for the second week. I also took my girlfriends little sister on a quad bike trip up the mountains/hills which was a good trip and she loved it. Sure you'll have a great time, we did!!
Hello, :D
I have just booked to go to PDC on 22nd Feb for a week, staying in the Don Paco/Castilla apartments in Playa Los Pocillos. Anyone been?

Also can anyone advise me what the weather will be like? e.g. will the sun be shining?, and will it be cold in the evenings? I have never been to Lanzarote before and not sure what to expect.

Thanks everyone! :D
Hi JB

I've merged your post with the Don Paco thread. For weather info, try posting in the 'Live Weather' thread at the top of the page :wink:

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.