General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
but all with inconvenient flight times to Munich (which isn't in Austria).

But to be fair, Munich is nearer to many of the resorts in the Austrian Tyrol than Innsbruck is. And car hire companies based at the airport will usually allow you to take it over the border as a matter of course because this is a very common way of getting to some of the most popular resorts. In fact the shortest distance between some of the resorts in the Tyrol and eg Salzburg is actually via Germany!

If you want to pursue any of these bargains - and for March they do seem to be a good price even if it is just for flight+hotel - then it might be worth checking out the express bus services aimed at getting German skiers to the Tyrolean resorts.

SM
I wouldn't mind Munich at a sensible hour but the flight they offered won't get you out of the baggage reclaim before 22:00 and the hotels were way the other side of Salzburg, so no arrival before 01:00.

But what's the point of offering something from the other option? I selected holidays not flight+hotel, if they haven't got any holidays why not say so instead of offering something that needs that much extra spending on it to make it work. I knew the scheduled flights were at poor times which is why I asked for holidays hoping it would find something on a charter.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.