General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Love it when all the unpacking has been done & the fun begins :D
Hi,
I love it when we have checked our luggage in as until then my heart is in my mouth waiting to be charged for excess luggage.Its the same evey year and touch wood we have been very lucky up to now.However we are with Thomsons this year and you cannot pool the luggage allowance so it will be a massive relief if we are not charged.The first pint in the bar really does taste nice.
I love arriving at the apartment, throwing our cases in, quick wash and straight back out over the road
to our friend's bar for some food and a drink or three... :cheers
The unpacking is done later... ;)
I love it when I'm at the airport and checking-in for my flight. I spend a lot of time in and around airports so it's great to actually check-in for flights! Once I've got rid of the luggage and with boarding card in hand, it's great to have a walk around the gates in the departure area and have a nosey at the aircraft and then find the aircraft I'm going on (find out if all my predictions are correct!!) then board the aircraft and enjoy the flight. The bit inbetween the flights is nice as well, but I love the travelling bit.

Darren
I loooooove the Airport, I tend to arrive at least an hour before I need to, check in the baggage then buzz round the airport checking out the shops, the planes the people just about everything really :cheers
I love walking in to the hotel room/apartment, knowing that all the stressful, boring bits have been done and now I can totally relax. I do have to get the unpacking done straight away and could never leave the room knowing I have to come back to unpack.
I also love the first jaunt to the sunbed around the pool and a look at the view/surroundings. The first drink at the bar is also a nice feeling :)
we can never wait to get to our room and go out onto balcony to see if we have a nice view,if not a quick call to reception to try and get a move only had to do it twice but we do like a nice view
yeah - or if you arrive middle of the night and wake up in the morning, pull back the curtains and the sun shining. Can't beat that holiday feeling!
yep i love it too, just finished 2 weeks of night shifts and feel like i can really start looking forward to our hol now they are out of the way and kimi deffinatley agree with the pulling the curtains back in the morning and it been all sunny! also enjoy havning a look around the hotel and resort when we get there. and enjoy lookigna round the shops at airport even if a little nervous of the flight, we usualy have something eat, look around shops then off the the bar!! cant wait!!! just 8 days for us!
I love when youve checked in - got rid of your cases - I always go to the book shop and buy about a dozen magazines and just love that feeling of thinking Im going to be able to relax and enjoy myself.

The best bit for me is the first night you arrive - just as its getting dark - walking around somewhere new and looking at the sea.................oh poo Ive two months to go before I can do this ! :really :D
I love it, I am used to flying to malaga airport, I do my boyfriends head in on the coach as I take over when we go past places, and the rep is going on, I am agreeing with her, and repeating everything, we arrive 11ish am in 7 weeks, we upack head straight to a bar, wander round etc, get bottled water for room, and go and have a look whats for dinner in the hotel... we do this every year same hotel same place...loooooovvvvvve it.... my hol starts in the taxi. we have an early flight again this year, so heading to manchester airport at 3ish in the morning,. wont be able to :cheers go sleep like last year..
The best bit for me is the first night you arrive - just as its getting dark - walking around somewhere new and looking at the sea.................oh poo Ive two months to go before I can do this !

lucky you, we've got 10 months to go!
We have not even got a holiday booked for this year yet! But my husband's best bit is flinging the curtains open early (And I mean early!) and singing "Good morning, world, it's a brand new day!" Not my best bit I have to say........ :(
Obviously, it always depends on where we are going, but if we go to Lanzarote/Spain for a beach/relaxation holiday, I love it when we first arrive at the apartment.
Looking over the terrace/balcony for the first time and smiling! Then Dave goes out to get the necessaries: pure orange juice (pref Don Simon!), milk and sugar, and bottled water. During this time, I do the unpacking and get changed.
He then comes in and makes a cup of tea! We take out own tea bags. :oops:
Getting off the plane and feeling the heat it you. That first glimpse of the sea. Waking up to blue skies. Once the unpacking is done and goin off for a wander. The first swim. The first drink. The first meal.

I love all my holiday :rofl
Actually, yes, Kedi. The first heat - it feels different to the UK. The first "smells" of the heat.
The first "smells" of the heat.

Definitely and the first smell of the foreign food.
Also love the sounds of the foreign music. When we were walking towards arrivals the first time we went to the Dominican Republic, we were greeted by a steel/Caribbean band. The excitement I felt on hearing that was tremendous! HOpe we'll have the same welcome when we arrive in just over 6 weeks - different airport though!
First beer for me, :cheers

Also that first dive into the pool...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.