Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Kazee
you should not be dissappointed we have stayed at this resort 9 times the hotel and the village are lovely
we love the place :sun2
Pat :cheers
thanks grannypat.
That is very welcoming news.

Kazee x
We havn't actually stayed at the Dona Silvia (only because it's A.I.) but have only ever heard positive comments. We do know the surrounding area fairly well so any questions on it just ask ;)
For a nosey at some photo's of our last trip based near the D.S. (and the Silver Sands shack was right at the bottom of path that leads from the DS to the beach) have a look at http://www.flickr.com/photos/goanjock/collections/72157611624948366/
What kind of information are you looking for?
When is the best time to sort out visa etc go in March. Any tips re: best bungalow - situation to ask the hotel and be central to all amenities.

Thanks in advance

Kazee x
Good morning peeps, some brochures state that the DS has badminton courts some dont, does the DS have badminton courts. Could I also have the email address to the Dona Sylvia.

10 weeks today and counting

Kazee x
Hi Kazee,

You will love the area there are quite a few good restaurants to choose from such as
River View, Get Down, Goan Village, Mikes Place Jazz Inn and more all within easy walking distance from DS
a bit further afield but still in the village is Rice Bowl, Palm Grove and a new river side restaurant at the back of Jazz Inn, sorry can't remember their name, it only opened last year but was very good and they put on entertainment most nights.
One well worth a visit to is Betty's which is a 5 min taxi ride away, food and service is excellent and they usually have entertainment of some description each night.
Can't comment about DS never stayed there but only because its All-In however its very popular so it must be good.
As for location it's as central as you can get and their grounds lead all the way down to the beach.
Enjoy Goa and all it offers.

Tush
Kazee
Not sure if anyone replied on your Visa question?- we are going on 4th Feb, and sent off for our Visa's using VFS (The Indian High commission agents?!) just before Christmas, I was amazed when they came back within a week :really - but it says to allow 14 days - either way they seem to be pretty efficient and a quick turnaround at present.

Nigel
Hi KAZEE
What date are you coming we are there from 11th march you will love it
Pat
Boat trips are always a good day out a few people do them but for an idea have a look at http://www.bettysgoa.com
dead right Jock one of the best days out you can have
Pat :D
HI
WE ARE GOING TO DONA SYLVIA IN MARCH ON THE 8TH FROM MANCHESTER LOOKING FORWARD TO IT HOPING TO GO ON AN ELEPHANT RIDE TRIP WHAT TRIPS YOU DOIN IF ANY AND WHAT DATE DO YOU GO
MARKANDPAULINE52
Hi MarkndPauline, welcome to the forums :wave
Can I please ask that you take off your cap key whn posting as its classed as shouting in the internet world.

Many thanks.

Kath x
hi mark and pauline :wave:
we are there on the 11th so we will see you just look out for the blue armbands
you will love the hotel and the village i am sure
Grannypat and Smudger2 :cheers :cheers
hi grannypat
so they have diffrent colour bands do they , and yea we will look out 4 you and maybe get some advice on trips and places to go at night
markandpauline
hi Mark and Pauline :wave:
They are not the hotels blue bands they are very rare holiday truths arm bands
if we can help you in any way we will try
Pat and Smudger 2 :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.