Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
When are you due to go? Can you cancel and lose less than the hundred pounds to change?

I haven't stayed at Doniford but have heard of people who have loved it.

I have a caravan at Butlins Minehead ( which I rent out ) so have popped into Doniford for a look.It does look a bit run down in places but I only saw the chalet accomodation so can't comment on the caravans.

Judith
We went to Doniford Bay about 4 yrs ago.The site was fine and the area great for a holiday but the accomodation[GOLD??] was very poor and I would not go back for that reason.I wrote a letter of complaint on return and Haven replied with a 'sorry and hope you'll come back 'but that was it!
I have looked for other sites in that area since [St Audries a possibility] but needless to say I won't use Haven again which is a shame.
If I were you I'd give it a go though.Be prepared to be disappointed with the accomodation and perhaps you might drop lucky and be surprised.As I said,the rest of the site was fine and Watchet and the area is pleasant enough!Hope it goes well!Big hugs! :gluck
I went to Doniford bay last year and the year before. First year was good so we went back.
We had a gold caravan and that was ok but nothing special.

The complex I thought was very poor and needed a revamp. the toilet area was so smelly & you could swim in the water coming out of the gents. The stage was not to be touched and the entertainment was awful. One night we were all cringing at the instore entertainment it was so bad the place was empty by 10pm.
If the weather's fine you'll have a good time, but it'll cost you a fortune whilst you're there.

Don't know how much you've paid but £100 to change is a bit steep
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.