UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hiya, yes weve been to doniford bay. we love it but you do need to have a car to get around to see things. It is on a sloping site also , so it may be worth checking where theyve put you or make it known about any disabilities.
Its not a huge site but i think sometimes the big ones are too big and too busy to enjoy it properly
we went on one of those £9.50 holidays with the sun but to be honest you get what you pay for - we were supposed to be in a basic apartment but couldnt check in till teatime. They gave us the pack but not the keys so we could use facilities. it saud the no on front and it was a bit grotty although we hadn't expected a palace for £9.50 but went to reception and obtained an upgrade to a gold caravan for £100 for the fortnight (what a bargain) it was beautiful.
Theres lots to see and do around the area but as said you need a car.
minehead is nice, as is watchet and especially dunster with its castle and quaint shops.
further afield is the zoo recently featured on bbc 1 in a documentary about it being saved from closure.- its a nice day out
so is the west somerset steam railway which runs nearby which is one of the longest routes in england.
Further afield if you don.t mind travelling is cheddar, wookey hole, glastonbury and Longleat
The site is a good one and weve stayed on many (some bad and some good)
we would definately use this one again. the entertainment was good and well run. hope you enjoy your holiday.
any more questions feel free to ask.
:que i take it that only one person has been able to give me any info !!! looks like it must be a busy park :rofl :rofl
My husband and I stayed there, but it was over 20 years ago so anything I could tell you would all be out of date now. Sorry. :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.