I would advise anyone thinking of going to Kosem Restaurant (opposite the Mosque next to river) to give it a miss. We have been going to Dalyan for years and never had a bad meal or experience until last week.

We got the speech from the man on the pavement outsite Kosem and thought we would give it a try. We ordered our drinks and a bottle of water. We then ordered a salad to start and our main courses. The water and bread came and we asked if we could have the salad then but we were told eat this bread and we could have some more when the salad came. After about 20 minutes I had to ask about our drinks, so the waiter brought them over (albeit wrong). Anyway we must have waited another 20 minutes and had to ask where the salad was. After the salad (no more bread either), we waited ...... and waited ...... and waited ..... it must have been 40 minutes for the main course, but when it came they had brought chicken salad for my son instead of chicken schnitzel. We pointed this out and they didnt say a word just took his away. He was left sat there as we ate our below average food. When his main course hadnt come by the time we had finished eating, I was just about ready to take him for a kebab in the main street, when his food arrived, plonked down in front of him without a word of apology. We asked for the bill, and had expected not to be charged for my son's meal but the bill for everything. We paid (not cheap at 137TL) but did not leave a tip. As we were leaving I felt I had to mention the poor service. I couldn't believe what I heard. His excuse was there was 100 people eating and only 1 chef, ha!!! But there was no sign of concern or a hint of an apology. As I tried to explain how I felt, he was saying 'I love you nice lady' and shoo'ed me away. He told the waiter to end the conversation and they both walked away.

I have never experienced such rude behaviour in Turkey before. We have always found the people to be very kind and attentive.

PLEASE don't go there, you may be disappointed