Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Is that the original or the new name? I need to make sure I've got the correct one for reviews ;)

Pippy :)
Hi

We stayed at Sunscape the Beach which has now been taken over and renamed Dreams Punta Cana. There were several restuarants with no reservations required and it was ideal.
We went to the restuarant of choice when it suited us and if they were busy they gave you a beeper and you were able to have a drink in the bar next to the restuarants.
We are not vegetarian so perhaps someone else could advise on that.

keanda
Dreams La Romana was (is for a little bit longer maybe) Sunscape Casa del Mar.

The Dreams resorts usually have a good menu selection at all of their hotels.

If you have a look at their website INVALID URL whilst La Romana is not listed yet, you can find typical menu pictures on their forum. :)
HI everyone,
we've just booked to go here next August and understand that it's going to undergo a refurb. At the moment it's called Sunscape Casa Del Mar. I was just wondering if anyone knows if beach and pool towels are supplied. I'm presuming yes, but can't recall reading anything about it on the brochure or website. Thanks
Hi Shirley.
Yes you do get pool and beach towels. We visited the Casa Del Mar 3 years ago and we're going again a week on Monday :hyper I'll post when I get back and let you know what to expect so you can get even more excited! :)
Sunaholic
Ooh thanks Sunaholic and thanks for merging my query with this thread. I did find the info I needed regarding towels.
Someone mentioned in an earlier post that La Romana hadn't yet been added to the http://www.dreamsresorts.com website, I'm glad to report that it's now been added. Looks really nice too. Have a great hol Sunaholic and don't forget the full review when you get home ;)

Thanks again.
Ooh very excited to see it on the Dreams website!! It does look fab :) Just hope everythings pretty much sorted now.
I'm looking at booking a holiday for the end of May very soon, and have spotted what looks like a very good offer to Dreams La Romana.

I was wondering has anybody stayed here and what are there thoughts/experiences.

I have read through the reviews on the forum, but am a little worried having been spoilt on our previous holiday to Excellence Riviera in Mexico I may be dissapointed.

I have stayed at several 5 star resorts in the Carribbean but for the price I am looking at paying to go to Dreams is it a bargain or a true reflection and I am wondering if to pay extra to stay at the Majestic Colonial or even more and stay at the Excellence Punta Cana.

Thanks for any help.
I was looking at Dreams too. Can you tell me what kind of price range you have and found and who's offering it? I was thinking of going in September.
Thanks
Lorraine
Hi both, sorry can't help you out with your worries/concerns. Just wanted to say that we've booked (3 couples) to go here in August. Compared to other hotels with the same rating, we thought we had a bargain. Time will Tell, but the reviews look pretty good. The only AI's I've been on before are with the Riu group who are excellent. I hope this won't be a disappointment, but a holiday is what you make of it.
Ipworth - we have paid £2292 for 2 people to go the 1st 2 weeks of August with Airtours
I've dillyed and dallyed whether to book it, or pay more appr £200 each for the Iberostar Bavaro or £300 more each for the Majestic colonial, :think but I've booked the Dreams La Romana.

Looking forward to it and not long to go either (end of May). The countdown begins.

Happy days. :tup
HI Puds, hope you have a great time, now that you've taken the plunge and booked. Please let us know the ins and outs when you get back. HOpe the positives by far outweigh the negatives ;)
Gets good write ups on another well known holiday site,photos show beach is cramped.
gatarman - that won't really bother us, as we are pool people. We will venture to the beach, but we're early risers anyway, so we should be ok. I'm really looking forward to your opinion puds.
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I really had to think hard before booking this but i feared I would regret not taking it up at the price on offer.

Not expecting Excellence standards but does look as though you a lot for your buck.

I will write a review as soon as I return, post holiday depression aside. ;)
Dreams La Romana used to be called the Sunscape Casa Del Mar before major development last Autumn. Its situated in the La Romana district near Bayahibe on the island's southern Caribbean sea Coast.

Went to CDM in '05 when it was 4 star + and it was very nice with white sandy beach and calm clear crystal waters. Very popular with snorkeling although rather isolated from memory but the rooms were OK and the food and drink spot on.

Best I can do.
Hi all

We are off to Dreams Punta Cana a week Thursday. As part of my research I found a great site for photos. They are personal albums put up by Kaki, who has stayed at numerous places in the Dom Rep, including Dreams La Romana, as it is now and also when it was the Casa Del Mar. I haven't looked at those photos, but I know the ones for the Dreams Punta Cana even include menus and entertainment lists.

There are loads of photos, so take a look and enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/user/kaki333
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.