Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Just got back from Sharm last week, and although we booked to stay at the dreams beach we ended up spending all our time at the dreams Vacation, it was so much nicer in our opinion.
The pool is fantastic, really lovely with a water fountain and great corkscrew water slide, there is also a childrens pool with a waterslide. The area around the pool is also really really nice, lots of sunbeads, lots of room to stretch out, your not all crammed together like sardines.
Its also nice and peacful, they have no animation team at the pool, no kids club and no blasting music - perfect! If you want it a bit more lively then you can always jump the golf buggy train thing that ferry's people between the 2 hotels.
There is some building going on next door but we hardly noticed it. The rooms were very nice, and the whole place is spotless clean.
The main people that stay there are Italian, and the food etc is geared towards their taste, but we thought it was delicious, fresh cooked pasta and pizza to order, lots of seafood and different salads.
The lobby area and bar are well maintained and well appointed. There is very little to do, but they do have a show on the outdoor stage at night, but again you could always wander down to the dreams beach for Brit style entertainment (karaoke etc)
There is no direct access to the sea from the hotel and you need to go to the Dreams beach and use the jetty there.
We thought it was lovely and by far superior to the Dreams beach but then we prefer peace and quiet to constant noise.
Im sure you will love it :D
Thats a great help, just a couple of things.

Were you a/i, and could you use restuarants, bars, facilities at both hotels.
Is it a wrist band idea for food and drink and can my kids get served juices and ice-creams ok.

Just to confirm, the layout and swimming pools with slides are better at the Vacation and ideal for daytime activities and quality of food. But you would recommend Dreams Beach for evening british themed entertainment.

Sorry for all the Q`s , but i`m very grateful for your info.
hi again,

Yes we were AI and they use the wrist band system. Adults are given blue ones and children pink, kids have no problem getting served and can get themselves drinks, snacks, ice cream etc . You can use your AI band at both hotels.
The pool at Vacation is so nice because it is not over crowded and very very quiet. No organised activities through the day at all. If you like to play water polo, aqua arobics etc then you will need to go to the pool at Dreams beach where the animation team are.
The kids club and mini disco, and all the brit style evening entertainment is held at the out door amphitheatre stage at dreams beach, but it only takes a few minuites to walk between the 2 hotels.

If you have any other questions just shout out :D
Oh that's really handy to know as I am going to Dreams Beach 2 week today and if it's really busy there I'll be going over to Dreams Vacation as I've heard it's a little quieter and you can get sunbeds. I have just looked at Thomsons description of the hotel and it says that you only get snacks on all inclusive between 4:30pm and 6:00pm 11:30pm and 12:30am is this right also cos if it is I hardly see the point of it!! Part of the reason we go all inclusive is to save the hassle of the kids nattering for money for stuff all day.
Hi,

Ref the snack situation/food set up, breakfast is between 7am and 11am. There are no snacks available in the morning, so if you miss breakfast then you have to wait until 1pm when lunch is served.

Lunch is between 1pm - 3pm at the main buffet, the pool bar and the grill bar on the beach.

Snacks (pizza/chips/cakes) are then available between 4pm - 5.30pm at the pool bar and beach bar.

Then you have to wait until 7pm for the restraunts to open for evening meal, they open 7pm - 10pm

Late night snacks are then available in the lobby between 11.30pm - 1am but they are very limited, a small bowl of salad, a tray of sausages or chicken wings and some bread rolls.

One other thing though is that the AI drinks stop at 1am, however, the lobby bar is open 24hrs a day. A few times we tipped the barman at 1am and told him we were staying in the lobby for drinks, he was great and carried on serving us free drinks until whenever we left and he should have been charging us. So if you are having a good time and dont want to leave just tip the staff and they will carry on serving you!
Phew that's a bit of a relief as they seem to have very long meal serving times, but that culd also be something to do with the amount of upset tummys people get also. Sometimes you just don't want lunch but fancy a portion of chips or toastie whatever which you would normally get at the snack bar if you know what I mean. I'm sure we'll get the hang of it! The poolside bar seems favourite for lunch anyway.
hi gixer,

RE DREAMS VACATION!!!!

Call me a pest but another couple of things.

The case packer(wife) needs to know a few things. Are towels provided at pool area, do bathrooms supply shampoo + soap etc? Plenty wardrobe space? Rooms cleaned and changed everyday?

The kids need to know about the slides around Vacation pool and i need to know that there is beer and juices available at poolside(40deg+). Are the loungers comfy (wife needs to know).

I`m just about to book for 2 weeks leaving on 9th July, it sounds really fantastic.

Thanks again gixter and anyone else with info,,,,,,,cheers.
Hi,

towels are provided and the loungers are plastic ones, not wooden with a mattress but they are pretty comfy

There is no swim up bar or pool side bar, you will need to go to dreams beach for that sort of thing. Its about 30 second walk from poolside to terrace bar.

One big twisty slide at vacation and a smaller straight slide, also another 2 slides at dreams beach

small bottles of toiletries and soap in rooms, shampoo conditioner body lotion etc
Sorry forgot to tell you about the rooms!

Plenty of wadrobe space, ask house keeping for extra hangers if you need them.

Rooms cleaned daily, and if you tip the cleaner he will always leave nice touches like amazing towel sculptures, extra toiletries etc

bed linen and towels also changed daily.

Mini bar in your room is also free, and they re stock it everyday with water, coke, sprite and fanta.

any other questions just shout out!
Looking to maybe book this hotel for New Year, but can't seem to find any info or reviews at all.
It is a Thomson holiday and think it may be near or sister hotel to Dreams Beach?
Any info gratefully received.
hi there,
I havent stayed at the dreams vacation, but did stay in the Dreams Beach resort which was perfect! it was a lovely hotel, and had great facilities, and im sure that the dreams vacation is just as good. i was there again this year, and drove past the two hotels, and see that they have both had a face lift from the front of the hotels, but was almost completed when i left last week. Hope you have a great holiday!
Hi

looking at this for January - but althought the Thomson Brochure says all inclusive, it doesn't actually mention drinks. Anybody know whether drinks are available 24hr or whether its time limited - and what is included?

Cheers
Hiya im off to egypt in may and am staying at the Dreams Vacation Resort and was wondering if someone coulld let me know what it is like there. Heard some good things but nothing specific.
Going A/I is it worth the money and are there a good variety of food served there?? and what are the bedrooms like??
Hi there i was wondering what the hotel is like for two young couples? as me and my partner is going to this hotel and we dont know much about it as thompson only has a simple picture of the hotel in their broachour and all we want is a quiet lovely relaxing holiday, and i would love to go and swim with dolphins, and i read in a book i was given by my friend that i could go swimming with dolphins just wondering if the is anyone on the sea front that does excursions? please? and dive underwater? and is it true that in egypt you could use english money? i just need to know a little about the hotel we are going to go to? as we have never been to egypt and a little curious to know about the place. Any information would be very much appreciated, also some-one wrote on here that in one of the hotels they fill up the mini-bar and was just wondering what hotel that was? and is that only avalible to A/I? And also last thing :D me and my partner have been told that your not allowed out after a certain time? is this true? could someone please let me know what to expect? thankyou so much. Emma :thanks
Hey all me and my partner just come back from dreams vacation and got a few off our opinions whilst we was over there, one thing about the hotel is that it is very clean and the cleaners make fantastic sculptures specialy Helim i think that how you spell his name? and the food is repetative all the time - breakfast - omlettes, pancakes, toast and hot food. dinner pasta and pizza and a few other selection's and for snacks they have chips all the time and pizza! :) we went to the dreams beach which the food and snacks there was differant everyday, which was good, the beach was fantastic tho a lot of stairs to walk down and up, but the is a little walk way into the sea and the fish's come up to you and swim around your feet, one thing to do over there is to go snorkeling, in the sea great, also we went to the old market not very hygenic we saw someone chop up some meat and dropped it on the dirty floor and then picked it back up and put it in there shop, and the new market it gets too much with the shop keepers trying to get you into there shop, also we went to macdonalds and KFC which they both are great the staff in kfc help out soo much for a tip! :) the taxi's over there try to rip you off, its £3 english to dreams vacation which is in egyption 30. The staff in dreams vaction are brilliant especially mohammed and ibrihim. :) dreams vacation have 3 swimming pools one with a water slide and other one that is very quiet, they have a mexican resturant just opened whilst we was over there great service, great food also try the grill in the other hotel down a big hill (not recomended for people that find it difficult to walk) also my place in the dreams beach reception, also in the dreams vacation they just opened up a new reception which is in like a sailors theme great, they have a up stairs and down stairs bar, me and my partner also found egypt very boring nothing to do, we went on the quad bikes and we went swimming with dolphins both great excursions, we also went to the Aqua land which is great also keep your sandals on your feet because the floor is red hot! :) but good fun there its only small but great fun. we went to fantasia they have a cinema not sure if they have films in english although we did get told they had english films. The hotels shops are great we made loads of friends over there, but personaly i wouldnt go back my partner had stomach cramps for over a week so did i, dont touch the milk because i think it was that, that made us ill :D but apart from that it was a nice holiday, i would only go back to swim with the dolphins great fun :D, hope this is any help to anyone that is looking into going over there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.