Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Drinking Water
4 Posts
we always use bottles water just to be on the safe side, no point in having a tummy bug and wasting your hols on the pot so to speak
Many types of water may be available for drinking: tap water, artesian water, bottled water, mineral water, purified water, spring water. All waters used for drinking are treated to meet legal and quality standards. In most European countries, tap water is palatable and perfectly safe, but this is not true in all parts of the world. Water has many advantages, including availability, cost and the absence of calories, but for many it loses out on taste. For more information see the web to EHI.
Hi,

I hope my answer doesn't come too late. I have just been to Gran Canaria. We had to drink bottled water but could use the tab water for washing vegetables, making coffee etc.
Only sometimes the taste was not so nice. I was using bottled water for making rice but not for pasta. It is definitely better now than it was a couple of years ago.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.