Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Suo,

Driving in Lanzarote is no different than driving anywhere abroad really. If anything, I would say it's more relaxed. The roads out of town tend to be quiet. There are some hills but nothing much different to what we have in parts of the UK, certainly nothing to worry about. If you ventre on to the mountain roads on the north of the island, there's some steeper bits with odd sharp bends but again, nothing you need to worry about. I can't tell you the price of petrol at the moment, it's a while since I was last there. Parking in the main tourist spots can be a problem at peak times but other than that, you should be ok.

Darren
Driving in Lanzarote is pretty easy. The roads are very quiet and are well sign posted. The only difficult bit of road is at the North on the raod via Haria to the Mirador Del Rio, there are some hairpins but it's quiet and the views are fantastic. Parking in the resorts isn't easy, but it's no problem elsewhere. Petrol is about 0.82 a litre.
We went to Puerto Del carmen a few years ago and out of the 4 of us I was the only one that had brought my driving license so had no choice but to drive! I had never driven abroad and after a nervous start and hitting the drivers door instead of grabbing the gear stick a few times! I found it really easy. If you look at the map there really are only 2 main roads and these are both straight with few roundabouts. If you venture off the main roads you will come across some small windy routes but we didnt have any hair raising moments. I remember petrol being nuch cheaper than here but cant remember exactly how much it was (it has probably gone up since then anyway)
Thanks very much for all replies. It has put my mind at rest a bit. Usually my OH does all the driving abroad but i want to attempt a go myself this time. so I'm looking forward to it this time.
We got lost in Tenerife a few years ago driving back from Puerto de la cruz to Playa de las americas. It was horrendous , pitch black going up winding mountain roads, so I think I'll feel a bit more confident in Lanzarote. - Thanks
the patrol today is 67 cent a liter
67 cents is very cheap, where was this, I paid 82 cents a fortnight ago at the one on the main road to Playa Blanca.
Today in the petrol station in Tias, the cost of unleaded is 75.5c a litre.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.