Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I only know of the smaller companies i use in Lindos, i think it's the larger companies such as Avis, Holiday Autos, etc that have offices at the airport so maybe somebody can help a bit more with recommendations.

Lindos is very easy to drive to though. You take the main road from the airport over to the east coast (Faliraki) then follow the main coast road south until you reach Lindos. Lindos Gardens does have a car park just outside the main entrance.

Once you reach the traffic lights in Lindos carry straight on (ignore the left turn signposted 'Lindos'), take the very first right turn (a small side road after a couple of restaurants and supermarket), first right again and you're at Lindos Gardens.
Thats really helpful thanks, how much do you usually pay for a week's hire, i've been quoted £105 for hiring Corsa for week?
I would only hire a car for 1 or 2 days myself as i've seen pretty much all of the island over the years, that's why i tend to wait till i'm in Lindos. They normally charge a premium for airport pick up/drop off so i'd say £105 is not a bad price for the week.
Hello,
A word of warning the roads are hazardous there are no pavments and trafiic moves fast, lindos is quite hilly so there are plenty of sharp bends and few hair rasing drops and there are lots of shrines along the side of the road... rhodes and lindos is beautiful have a lovely time
Thanks very much for that, maybe i'll get transfer as i've not driven there before. Can you recommend any company in Lindos and how much do you usually pay for 2-3 days? Also is it worth avoiding Rhodes Town? Cheers!
To be honest i can't remember how much i paid for a car last time but i know in May many will do offers like 3 days for the price of 2. I normally use Lindos Suntours but i know when i stayed at Lindos Gardens a couple used the company they promote at reception and said they were good value.

I don't think it's too bad driving around Rhodes Town but i guess if you hit traffic and you've not been before it can be a bit chaotic. If you're worried about this i'd say visit on a Sunday when it's quieter (and the parking is free!).
Actually the drive from the Airport to Lindos is very easy and if you intend hiring a car, I would suggest collecting & returning to the Airport is easily your best option.

Driving in Rhodes Town is not usually a problem. It can be busy during peak times however, and most streets operate a one way system.
i found traffic a little hetic but rhodes town is a definate must, has anyone else seen the old woman sat on the floor in the old town begging i believe she has been there for years and she is even on postcards??? i have heard at the end of the day she gets up and walks off!!!!! brilliant
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.